Thursday, September 18, 2008

A throwback...

A post I wrote 2 yrs ago that still holds true. Funny how much I've changed from those days; and how much I have stayed so richly the same.



In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be...... There are some days when I wake up in the morning completely dishearted at the life I lead. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a bad life. In fact, there are people who would give anything to be in the shoes that I walk in everyday. I have a loving family, a decent job, a warm home, and the ability to shop until my pockets run empty without any worry because I don't have any real bills to pay. I have the possibility of furthering my college education and making something extraordinaryof myself... and most of the time, I know that and I am grateful. But then there are those days when I wake up and all I want is to be someplace different and be someone different and live somehow differently from the way that I am living now. I want to have the ability to travel whenever the mood strikes and sleep my days away and do adventurous things as if there is not a care in the world... I want to have the ability to curl up in a huge sofa with my favorite fleece blanket and listen to my mother read me my favorite book... I want to know what it is like to do what you want when you want it without thought of Your Lyfe (parents, job, friends). I want to know the feeling of being so incredibly in love, your breath catches at the thought and you forget everything else. I yearn to be somewhere with someone who isn't too busy to tell me I'm wanted, who isn't afraid to show me how he feels, who isn't confused about what he wants, and who has sat and yearned to be somewhere with me. I want to be able to shave off all my hair and not think anything of it cause "I am not my hair".... I want to be able to create incredible written work that transcends time and space leaving a mark in all who know it... I want to portray a character who is so far from me that I need to lose myself in her to make the world believe that I AM SHE.... I want to sing a song so smooth and sweet that it glides over your skin, notes kissing fingers and toes, makin you feel oh so good at the sound... I want to feel rushing wind lacing its way around my body as i plummet to the earth or rushing water as I dive in face first...... I want to be that woman that does it all..... but for now, I'll just sit and hum that song I heard once.....
In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be...

8 comments:

swag_ambassador said...

brought it back then.. and still bringin it to this day..

i see ya

(vixenchick) said...

i like that alot

dessex said...

man...I felt every word. I completely understand.

Adei von K said...

that post is soooooo appropriate right now. like they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same

One Man’s Opinion said...

In your own little corner, in your own little chair, you can be whatever. I like that. I no it may sound a little Condescending, but that would make a wonder way to start off a children's book. I mean that as a compliment.

Desy said...

@swag- some times it's good to see where u were...

@vix- imagine when you'll look back... that's what makes blogging so great

@dess- ya know... we all go through it

@stace- it's just AMAZING how on point those feelings still are 2yrs later...

@one- unfortunately, i can't take credit for that line. it came out of the multicultural cinderella story (with brandi and whitney houston)

Don said...

Yep, still that same descriptive and insightful flavor that I've come to expect from you.

Rashan Jamal said...

A throwback? that just means an old post, right? LOL

You seem to know what you want, so go get it. And yes, it's that simple. LOL