Thursday, December 4, 2008

Two Job Offers and a Breakup

I went on my second interview yesterday. I really thought that I was going to accept the position in Melbourne... I mean, it's with a friend who raves about it. It has really good potential and I can see myself being financially cool. But this other job in Palm Beach Gardens (Jupiter) is no joke either. The owner (who was the one interviewing me) REALLY wants me, and she's not pulling any punches about it either. I mean damn- what is a girl to do? The blessings are running over and I'm feeling unworthy... but I will work hard to prove to myself that God didn't make any mistakes by showing me favor the way He has... cause obviously, He doesn't need any convincing...lol. All I know is either way, Desy is moving south and all by my lonesome...scurry...lol

In the last post, I kinda expressed the issues of my relationship toooo...ummmm.... well, not accurately enough. I got a bit of clarification on it... but essentially, my feelings haven't changed. I'm not happy even though he is a wonderful guy.

Ironically, my dad inquired about how my boyfriend felt about me moving, and my mother piped up from the couch to let him know that i was ending the romantic portion of the relationship. I explained it to my dad and he didn't understand... He didn't understand why I'm not elated that I have someone who is willing to bend backwards for me. It can be challenging explaining it, but honestly, it is an issue, cause when I do give examples, and really explain it... the people around me understand and support... so I know I'm not being irrational here.

But I'm digressing... my dad then asked me about how he was with his family and his finances... that made him readjust his mentality on me sticking through the relationship. My dad goes right to the heart of the surface stuff and makes that part of a priority... I have a tendency of looking at that later, but I knew that as our relationship continued, his family affairs and finances would become something of a concern... but I won't air it here. All I know is that the break up is happening... When it's gonna happen is still up for debate. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't genuinely like the guy and think that he is wonderful. He really is.... he's just not for me.

6 comments:

Jazzy said...

I forget how old your boyfriend is, but if he is as young as you are and he's willing to work on his finances (and recognizes he has a problem)...work with him.

If he is becoming clingy...tell him. Explain to him, but work with him.

And I stress working with him, because you keep saying he's a wonderful man, so it sounds like he's a keeper...unless there is something else.

Good luck on the job front...though it sounds like you wont need it. Hopefully you get the job you really want.

Desy said...

diva- he is rather young (27) but the financial situation goes in hand with his family and his lack of discipline with it...but that's not an area i want to interfere with at this point.

he's not clingy; and i do talk with him about why i'm unhappy... but it's really not something that can be fixed... our personalities just don't produce laughter, ease, fun, and sexual tension quite the way it did before this relationship business.

unfortunately, working with him won't change that i no longer feel that attraction i once did....sigh- trust me, i've tried.

thanks so much! it's down to the wire and i need to make the best decision, so hopefully i make the right one...sigh

1/3 said...

well im sorry ur relationship didnt go as u planned. Im with diva tho..maybe once u too seperate u two can clearly see what the problems were in the relationship. if nothin else at least u can identify the traits u dont want/do want in ur next relationship.

great news that u have two job offers! in these times thats an awesome feat. ull make the right decision if u keep God first:-)

Rashan Jamal said...

It'll be scary, but its a necessary step in growing up. Hope you don't be one of those people that move away from home and go buckwild. LOL

Yo Daddy is a gold digger. LOL Don't hit me, its just a joke!

Jameil said...

hmm... good luck on the relationship. i feel like (and you admitted) you're leaving out pertinent details. that makes it difficult for me to comment on that part. but on choosing b/t 2 jobs? FANTASTIC! I'm very happy for you!!

Desy said...

1/3- thanks so much for your support. I was disappointed myself, but I'm trying to find the BEST solution...

Rah- lol@ gold diggin daddy; what can i say, he's makin sure i'm taken care of....lol

Jam- i'm really excited myself... hopefully i can make a decision soon!