Thursday, December 20, 2007

Alone in the world





What would it be like if there was nothing but me and a dog... There are times when I want to be alone so damn bad it hurts. I hate being around people so much that there are moments when I just turn my phone off, lock my door, and ignore the world as I know it. There are no more demands made, no more desires, no more expectations... just me and all my natural glory. I wish it was so. I wish it was so sooo terribly much. It's hard to think of what I will become as a woman exposed to the experiences of living in Orlando being black, a woman, a virgin, drivin as hell to become better than the rest and determined to make a difference on an everyday-onepersonatatime kind of way, all the while always saying on my mind without holding back. I don't know if I'll last. And that's why I wonder about what it would be like to be locked in this state and no longer engage in further human interactions. Cause, to be honest, I love who I am... It's just understood by few, and when I'm exposed to people, expectations arise, and thus disappointment is soon to follow. Words flow from folk like wine and if I didn't know any better, I'd be drunk by the appeal of it all... but I never take a sip of a word.. naw my liquour is the action of folk... fuck intentions... it's what you do that slids my step into uneven strides and slurs my speech from the entoxification of it all....

And at this stage of my life... I find myself drinking alone

So maybe it would be better to be alone with a dog removed from what the world has become in my own little element of reclusive bliss...

No comments: