Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm so ashamed...



I find myself watching CMT. How does that happen? How do I become wrapped up in the choice of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? Oh I know, because BET is all about Hell Date (a horror of a television show) and MTV/VH1 have become the same station; re-running episodes until you have the entire dialogue memorized. This is what vacation has done to me. But I'm gonna be real about this. I'm about this Crossroads business. I've never truly hated country and could never grasp the statement 'I like everything but country'. If you live everything, trust me, you can find a joint in the country genre that will have your head bobbin and your toe tappin. And if you're a lyric fan (which I must admit, I am), then you can definately enjoy a good country song, cause there is always a good story.

Shows that I'm a little ashamed to admit that I like:

Why do I like 'I Love New York'? I think maybe it's because of Buddah...lol. I just cant resist the stupidity of it all. I mean, there was a dude on there with the nickname 'Punk' and another was just 'It'. Now 'It' kinda deserved that name cause his ass was an IDIOT, but 'Punk'.... well, he kinda turned out to be one in the end, so....

The Hills. White rich people fascinate the hell outta me. The problems, the trials and tribulations, the dramatization of it all...; I can't help it...Lauren (aka LC), a dope white girl...lol

The Real World. I have been in love with this damn show for years. No matter how bad it gets, or how limited the diversity has become (the token, but no more and no less...), I am all about it. Especially this season. All the ridiculousness (I know that can't be a real word) just has me crackin up. Maybe I'm addicted to drama that aint mine.....

Project Runway. How can you live without watching gay or almost gay men and overly eccentric women work in a small work space to create something 'just fabulous'. I am a big fan of fashion, even without the funds to achieve the authentic, but I like to rock the knock off and make it my own. I think that's what makes me enjoy that show... it gives me ideas as to how to wear what I have in my own way. That and all those dramatic pauses... speaking of dramatic pauses...

America's Next Top Model. I'm amazed at myself for enjoying that show. It really does have me settin my clock for 8 on Wed... I'm so ashamed...lol

That's all I got for now.... I'm sure there's more, but these are my top picks....

2 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Hell date is the only show on BET that I can actually tolerate. The rest of the reality stuff I'll pass on. I tried to watch Project Runway, but felt my masculinity slipping away with each minute that passed. LOL I gave up on the Real World like 7 years ago when I realized they would never have a Real World Atlanta with more black roommates than white roommates.

Jameil said...

hell date cracks me up. did you say you're ASHAMED to watch project runway!?!? that's the devil!! that show is fab!! i watched the first ever ep. of ANTM and got hooked, but it just kept coming on and on and on and by the time we got to cycle 5 or 6, i was done. i don't do real world anymore either. its less fun w/o everyone in the dorm watching it with you.