Sunday, August 31, 2008

Interning Again

I started my full time internship this week. It's 20min from (or with 75cent toll, 10min) and it's the reasonable Mon-Fri 8-4. I'm working with brain injury patients ages ranging from 16-90 and I am liking it alot so far. My supervisor is a mile a minute thinker/talker and is the classic definition of A type personality, but I can handle it.

I don't understand him. And I hate being confused. Because then I sit and ruminate over our interaction from the time I met him (4yrs ago) til today trying to analyze and understand. But I'm starting to get that no matter how much I try, I just won't get it. We've always been friends. Mostly because I have great people skills and he's allowed me to exercise them, but I feel the appreciation of me keeping in touch when others don't always. Sometimes. But recently, our conversations have been.... different. Mostly because of he's prodding and inquiry... and I think, flirting. Really? Can I really call it that?... hmmmm... But then he comes to Orlando (from Jacksonville, a 2hr drive), and I don't hear from him and he doesn't try to link up. But when he goes back to Jville, he'll call and want to discuss how he wishes he'd had time to see me... I don't do good with talkers... Because if your actions don't match, what can I do with words? He's such a great guy though, and over the years, our friendship has brought comfort to me, and surprised me in ways that I really do feel as though he's enriched my life. Hmmm....

What the hell am I watching... this is a weird ass movie for real...

Such a relaxing weekend. I actually got the holiday off (which surprises me since I'm working in the hospital and people don't really take holidays off)... It's apparently my supervisor's year for having the holidays, so she'll also be off for Thanksgiving. I hope my brother barbecues. I haven't been to enough of those in my lifetime.

Man, it does not feel like Sunday. Maybe because I didn't do my regimented happy hour, dance all night friday. But I hung out with my bestest friday, and helped her out with setting up her classroom yesterday. Then we chilled and it was a nice way to spend the weekend... I'm thinking I want to go to poetry night tonight at this club I've never been to... I hear good things...

I've started looking for a job... This is going to be a long journey....

I know I don't talk about politics alot, but when you were watching the DNC acceptence speech of B-bomb and they would cut to a shot of Michelle... am I the only one that made up commentary of what she might be thinking?... I mean, she had such an intense look and she's so together most of the time, I just let my imagination run rampent and I was rolling... If you didn't... look at it again and by all means, make up some commentary... you will find your inner comedian within that space.

I'm off... more laziness needs to be achieved... enjoy your extended weekend!

Oh yeh... I forgot to mention. I've completed the short story for Essenc.e and will be submitting it... Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I'm a classic A type personality as well, I must confess.
Oh please do let me know if your story gets published in Essence. Each month I choose only one magazine I'm allowed to buy between Ebony, Essence,Vogue and Vanity Fair...so let me know so I can choose Essence that month:-)
Good luck lady!

(vixenchick) said...

good luck!

Buttercup said...

i guess ur friend is probably likin u MORE than he shud..or maybe i dont understand what u wrote..

goodluck with ur short story n the job hunt!

. said...

congrats on the internship. take from it all you can and apply it to where you are heading.

i thought i was the only one making up commentary up for michelle. i love me some here, she just does something for me.

good look on the short story. i hope to pick up essence one day and see it.

i am so happy to be back to commenting on blogs again. yay!

dessex said...

Good luck on your short story. You are great with the pen and I hope you win!

and good luck on that job hunt as well.

Desy said...

@nigdrama- most definitly... i appreciate the support and I may end up posting it here (eventually) so if you don't get the issue, it'll be posted :-)

@vix- thanks hun...i'm sure i'll need it

@bcup- he's flirting more than he should, but i don't really think it means anything truthfully

@onesoul- I MISSED YOU! Post!.. I love me some Mrs Obama... but my commentary was ridiculous... my friends were dying at my outrageousness; I will keep you up to date

@dess- thanks so much... i'm trying to work all of my passions, but just doing it is enough for me most days...