Friday, August 1, 2008

Randomness

~ I have realized that she is just too selfish to be called friend. To call me out of the blue to vent about what is going on with her newly abusive situation while attempting to justify her dumb decisions makes me regret picking up the phone at all... 4 solid years of me investing and she accepting has really hit its wall... I just need to 'stop being polite, and start getting real'...

~ He offered a possibility that I have no idea how to measure. A chance to work in Den.mark (the country, not the city) when I graduate. I don't even know if he was being forserious, but the very offhanded mention of it makes me think 40times over about it. It sounds so appealing, scary, overwhelming, and just plain right that I can't imagine not seeking into it and finding out if it is actually something I can really do...

~ I feel stronger, sadder, and more excited about my world than I have in a long time. I'm done with classes for the rest of my graduate career, and the only thing stopping me from my degree is my full time internship (which should be amazing). But with the end of school comes the end of a era... friends made, projects required, documents written, and the whole experience of being in school again is over. Being around people who were in my same boat- a rare experience. Not too many people go through what you go through at the very same time that you go through it and it was nice to be around that for the last 1.7 yrs.

~ We aren't friends. I live in this hope that we are, but I know deep down that it is a passing fling that will dissipate with a stiff wind of something more. Because friendships don't feed the soul the way romance does... The dedication, the effort, the time, and the simple consistency of an easy friendship gets pushed aside for the possibility of something greater. Everyone says I'll be the same when I get in a relationship. I know I won't. I am too aware of what it feels like to be the one discarded... but, I know that I am cared for without the actions behind it... I just don't know what I to do with someone who says they care...or expects me to know it

~ I am so glad that we worked together this summer. Our friendship has strengthened and grown into something I never would have imagined (if you had asked me in the beginning). We have always been cool, but man... you are really wonderful and I know that you will live out those dreams that seem to be hard to grasp... I truly believe it...

~ I miss the way it feels to be kissed. The way hands grope and skin tingles and tongues dance. I miss the way bodies feel when they search for that exact alignment where the fit is indescribably perfect. But I don't miss the disappointment of faded phone calls and effortless talkers.

~ Tonight, out to happy hour with the group I met last week and my friend from work. Time to celebrate the end of classes for life (unless Ph D calls to me too strongly)...lol. Now I can get back to my regular blog lifestyle... yeh!!!! Have a great weekend fam

14 comments:

swag_ambassador said...

happy friday desy :)

That little kiss montage soundedlike a poem.. lookit chu

1/3 said...

I so feel you on friends being draining. Being real is the best way to make sure you are getting the same out of the friendship.

Denmark?? I say if you feel like you need the experience..go for it:-)

I'm scared of school ending as well(this coming fall for me.) I might do grad school to lengthen it LOL maybe not.

I hope you have fun this weekend! You deserve it after all your hard work:-)

Jameil said...

abusive situations are not cool. i think you should be honest but prepare yourself for the backlash. you should SO go to denmark! any opportunity i have to work in another country while i'm single I'M TAKING!! it will never be replicated and you will be able to look back fondly on it when you return. TAKE IT!! and good for you almost being done w/your degree!! fab!! have fun @ happy hour!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

There is a city named Denmark? Shiddd. Where do I sign up? I wouldn't mind being able to be somewhere else. Have fun whatever you choose!

Adei von K said...

OMG, please go overseas!! You are young and unattached! YOu have no reason not to go!! and where is this city called Denmark? I've never heard of it!

I wish I have an opportunity to be overseas for a reason or a season!

dessex said...

Denmark? Sounds like it could be a once in a life time opportunity. Sounds like it could be fun.

Time to start getting real...I don't blame you. Sometimes people need to be checked.

Don said...

Look @ Desy growing up. That Denmark invitation sounds tempting. Imagine all the adventure you'd have with the city and its people.

You wrote that @ I miss the way it feels to be kissed. The way hands grope and skin tingles and tongues dance. I miss the way bodies feel when they search for that exact alignment where the fit is indescribably perfect.

*sigh*

Queen of My Castle said...

I tried to comment earlier, but Blogger was just NOT having it. LOL. You already know I am feeling this bit...I miss the way bodies feel when they search for that exact alignment where the fit is indescribably perfect Couldn't have said that better myself.

Congrats on this new phase of life. I'm sure it holds lots of possibilities and intrigue, amongst other things.

guerreiranigeriana said...

...i miss kissing too!!!...denmark does sound exciting!!!...let us know what you decide...somewhat of a melancholy or bitter sweet post...i could feel it...hope your weekend was bliss...

eclectik said...

I hear randomness and yours is hot

I miss Kisses too :(

e.


eclectik-discussion.com

. said...

i miss kisses too.

that job could definitely be a GREAT opportunity. i hope that it will work out for you.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I just want to smile at you. Is that okay? Can I just smile?

dejanae said...

start of a new chapter
good luck
glad ill be seeing more of u

froggywonkenobi said...

you write beautifully...I'm inspired, the best writers allow the readers to escape and frolic in their imaginations...well done