Saturday, October 11, 2008

His name is Jennifer

My friends are ridiculous. And NEVER on time! I set up a dinner for about 1o or so of my friends to meet up at the O.rlando A.le Ho.use. I said 7:00-7:30 knowing what I would be getting myself into with the people in my life. I figured the 'on time' ones would at LEAST be there around 8:00 and the 'late' ones would trickle in around 8:45 ish. So the boyfriend got there a bit before me and reserved 2 high tops next to each other (7:30). As we chatted, my 'most hilarious' male friend (joey) and his lady (steph) arrived (8:20). It was so interesting to hear about me via the eyes of joey cause he really put it ALL out there (aka. calling me the 21st century Clai.re Huxtable). He called me out in my mothering nature: correcting people's speech and inaccurate language use (I'm a speech therapist...it's what I do!...lol; but I should rein it in a bit I guess); my blunt nature: essentially being direct with the advice giving rather than sugar coating; and my authoritative nature: quoting 'tell me what happen without all the bullshit- go'... (for the record, I have NEVER said that, but I will admit, I do have moments of being a authoritative... but isn't that women in general?). 2 additional guy friends arrived following this discussion (alex and andy) and conversation evovled from discussions of me to discussion of ucf (our college) (8:55). Meanwhile, the additional table we reserved was taken....twice! (when one got taken, we got another, and then THAT one got taken). I was annoyed that at no point did anyone apologize, but I couldn't really be too pissed because we had plenty of room for the people who had arrived and I had no idea when the additional 3 invitees would be arriving. It can be challenging to get a table reservations for people who hadn't arrived 2 hours after the 'event' began. I figured we'd get it situated when they did arrive. I payed alot of attention to the boyfriend (who was affectionately touching my leg under the table...awww) and he seemed to be enjoying my friends. 2 high tops opened across the way of where we were and we all got up and moved. It was actually a better set up and right as that happen, the prodical best friend arrived with her boyfriend and cousin (9:45 ish). That's when things REALLY got interesting. Conversation got louder and more outlandish (hence the title of this post-talkin about if your daughter was the butch lesbian and your co worker asked the name of your son....lol). It really was hilarity at it's finest. Overall, the night was a HUGE success and I had the BEST time. Of course, everyone ended the night talking about how we should do get togethers more often (which is the usual commentary). Well, the memory of last night is in this space, never to be forgotten or faded...

Halloween party with the sis in law, brudder, and boyfriend tonight.... should be interesting. Have a great weekend fam!

In case you were wondering- A head shot of the boyfriend for your viewing pleasure...lol. More to come I'm sure...

10 comments:

Jazzy said...

Aww he is cute! Sounds like you had fun...those latecomers would have been ass out, were I in charge! There's late and then their's just being ridiculous...that was ridiculous!

One Man’s Opinion said...

Wow, two hours late is a tad bit inappropriate for any gathering that is not going on at a private homestead. LOL. You sound happy, that is always a good thing. Fun time with friends is always a good thing. The way me and my friends manage to keep it us is by just celibrating each others birthdays.

i.can't.complain. said...

nice choice, D

he's certainly easy on the eyes.

and claire hanks-huxtable, hunh?

she was a bad bitch.

i agree with the comparison

-1-

dejanae said...

aww
gade ayisyen-a
(im sure i spelled that wrong.lol)
why wasnt i invited tho?

dessex said...

i remember like a month ago you were talkin bout how you wanted to go out more...now I feel like every time i come on this page...you are having a nice outting.

I'm so happy things are moving forward for you!

Darius T. Williams said...

I'm with the group on this one...and yea, ya dude is a looker!

Desy said...

D-that's what I'm sayin! I couldn't help but smh cause honestly, the best friend is late to absolutely EVERYTHING. and not sorta late... EXTRA late... so whatever. Thanks for the bf approval!

One- Too many of my friends have birthdays close together... so my random 'let get together's really work out. But I'm the only one who does it, so whenever I hear 'we should do it more often, i just laugh cause i'm the only one who does it...

I.Can-you've gotta know I love you!... the comparison the Mrs. H really means alot to me, cause it really is something I strive for honestly. PS. I found out my bf has an intelligent cousin if you want some lovin...lol

Dej-hahahaha- yeh... i'mma need to teach you about googling creole phrases... but i got it, so that's all that matters. And when you comin?

Des- you are SO right! I realized that with a change of mentality, my environment changes too... and with blogging comes clarity, so I needed it. This weekend I got a barbeque...I'm SUPER excited!

DTW- why thank you dear.

Adei von K said...

oooooooooh, i don't want people to be THAT late!!!

bf is a cutie! nice smile

kit von b. said...

*gasps* boyfriend?!

he's SOOOOOOOOOOO cute des! happy for you.

-KB

Queen of My Castle said...

This was such a feel good post. I'm uber happy for you, and yep, he's most def a looker. He doesn't look American, though.

Nothing like the natural high of being in love.