Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am an egotist

Or so my supervisor (the male one) tells me.... but he says it's normal from someone my age who is achieving what I'm achieving... I just gotta keep it in check, cause in truth, that degree means shyt. It's what you do in your first year out that really matters.

I'm not gonna lie... I can be a bit self absorbed (HELLO! I have a blog for chrisakes). I sometimes think it's because I try to be as self aware as possible, but when it comes to being a speech therapist... I gotta leave me out of it. How challenging.... I find myself sometimes talking with my patients about me in hopes that I may be able to build a common ground; relate in some way, so that trust may/can be built and intervention can leap across benchmarks. WELLLLLL, that theory is completely a wrong one... and I've been wrong about alot of things in these last few days.

And that is entirely what a girl like me needs. I want to be the best, and I want to learn as much as I can to become the best... but with all of these different therapy styles, I definitely have a hard time seeing/knowing which method is the best or which one would work best for me. I'm truly at a loss. The worse thing about it is that I won't know that answer to the question for years (potentially).... In the mean time, I just kinda have to do my best to be a little less self aware in regards to what makes me tick, and more self aware as to how what I do affects the patient.

so...ummmm... how are you doing? is there anything you want to know? is there something you feel i should work on?....lol... take it seriously or not... i appreciate the read.

8 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

stop being so arrogant, missy!!!

Remember that you are still learning and it'll work out.

How are you and the bf?

Desy said...

hahaha... my supervisor said it would be hard for me to shake my nature; and there isn't anything wrong with it, BUT, he did say not to let it get out of control... and i'm not arrogant in the way that i think i know more than my supervisors (by NO measure)... it's more along the lines of my interaction with my patients... and that is something i'm learning for sure...

me and the bf are great *slow smile* - he hasn't fired me yet..lol

(vixenchick) said...

its ok to be like that....honestly, if you dont put yourself on a pedistal, who else will?

xoxo

vixen

dessex said...

I'm with Vixen...you have to do that for yourself because you worked hard to get to where you at...tell them to kick rocks lol

Darius T. Williams said...

Hilarious - we're two peas in a pod. The folks call me arrogant and self-absorbed all the time. My rebuttal centers around the fact that it could be worse...I could be addicted to drugs. See the balance?

Anonymous said...

I've been out of the game for a minute. I recently read the collaboration we did a while back and thought I'd visit. What happened to your creative stuff?

dejanae said...

as long as u never think ur too good to listen to others, u should be straight

Amber Steez said...

shit imma egotist too girl