Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Random Fodder

My supervisor went on vacation for 2 days at my internship. Do I get a vacation? Sure don't. But the supervisor I have in the interim will force my independence and thinking skills. He is one who will let me fall and then later let me think about how or where I screwed up; and if I don't recognize my errors, he will guide me there and simply offers me the opportunity to rectify it later. For me... it's a better way to learn- but the supervisor I have is great too... it's just a different style. I'll make the most of my two days in the mean time.

Things are going well with the boyfriend. I realize I couldn't do the everyday bullshit at this point. Initially, yeah, but I needed to spread my alone wings just a bit after 12 out of 14 days of me and him time. Needing to miss him is vital for my sanity... and being single for so long REALLY amplifies that need beyond what regular girls might need. But he's understanding and he is feelin me more than I think I might deserve...lol.

I love being at home with the parental units; but I am counting the end of those days. I want my own little piece of the world. I recognize these are the best years of my life in the financial standpoint (no rent, mortgage, accompanying bills, and grocery purchases); however, it.is.time. I can't do curfew's, asking permission, or conferencing for much longer... I'mma lose it. But the love I got for the parentals runs deep... so although I don't want to live with them... I could get down with living next door (lol). Of course, that will not be an option, but I'm just sayin.

My blog family has become smaller and more infrequent. Ironically, unlike other bloggers I've experienced in my time as a semi consistent blogger, I'm actually ok with the 'every now and then' commentary from those I consider to be fam... and the reduced number of my 'comment' section. The fact that I still get on this computer and write down whatever whenever and visit who I WANT to visit (not who comes to visit me) tells me that I am still being a true to my heart blogger and just doin it cause I still enjoy it. And when I'm done, then I'll just stop posting. No goodbye, no warning.... just a regular post about regular things that forever stays on the top of my page....(ya'll can thank Rashan for that... he gave me the idea to end it that way...lol)

I'm unsure if I'm going to watch this third debate. I've seen the previous 2 and although the second was far better than the first, I feel as though I am so comfortable with my political choice, that I don't know if I really feel like listening to these two men further continue to go on and on about all of their hypotheticals (cause that's all it is until it is put into action). I just feel like I'm observing the longest job interview ever and I'm just ready for some to fill the position already.

Speaking of filling the position... I won't be getting the dream job in ATL... They don't accept CFY's (clinical fellowship year). This is actually a post within itself, but a brief synopsis: following my graduation with my Masters in this profession, my first year or so out, I will STILL need to be supervised (not directly with each patient like right now, but sporatically) until the supervisor deems me to be clinically competent, earning my C's (certificate of clinical competency-CCC). And my dream job does not have someone who could oversee my fellowship year. Personally I think that's bullshit, but whatever.

My dad is a genius. I dropped my phone in the pool on Sunday and was completely discouraged. I had like 50 numbers in that damn phone that I didn't have memorized and no sim card to speak of (cause sprint don't get down like that). Anyway, my dad tells me to stick it in some dry rice. Dry rice? *face* - ok. Well.... my phone works beautifully after 24hrs of a rice bath. I would have NEVER thought of that shyt myself. He makes me feel stupid cause he's got more logic in his pinky than I will ever acquire across three lifetimes. And there is more evidence of this than just this experience, but this one was just another layer of icing to the already sweetened cake.

I'm out. See you soon fam....i leave you with neyo's new joint... i'mma be dere soon yo!...lol

14 comments:

1/3 said...

hey desy!

aww im really happy for you and glad things are going well. I understand the alone time thing. some times u need to breathe and have something new to talk about lol

see told you that you would want to move out soon lol

i think im going to do the same about my blog. i post when i wanna now. isnt that what bloggin is about.

im gonna try the dry rice thing next time i have a water accident with my phone lol

Glad to see you doing well:-)

who? said...

I still visit from time to time... you don't check on me at all... :( ... when is that next debate?... and... hopefully your dream job will come up again in the future... hope for the best... but... she got her own is ok... I just can't get down with the DL aspect of Neyo... he shouldn't be lying to yall women like that... shame

Jazzy said...

LOL @ you needing space already. Y'all should still be in the honey moon phase!

I missed most of the debate...I mean how many times must I be forced to watch them talk about the same stuff. I watched the project runway finale instead.

Sorry about the atl job...probably best you stay in FL anyway. Who knows current BF might be you future hubby.

Eb the Celeb said...

I didnt watch the debate either... Like you... I feel like I've seen enough and didn't feel like it was worth my while.

Adei von K said...

girl, that year i spent on my own was amazing. as much love as you have for the 'rents, i'ma need you to move farther than next door when the time comes!! that was reunions will be that much sweeter!

as for the constant bf time, been there, done that! you'll get used to it!

Darius T. Williams said...

dry rice? Really? Brown or white? LOL - wow!

One Man’s Opinion said...

This is it, isn't it? This is that final post that will never change and will forever remain at the top of your blog? I miss you already. Thanks, Rashan!

Anyway, I am feeling you on the just commenting on the people you feel like are you family thing. I feel the same, but I like to show the ever now and then respect. I like learning about folks.

Like I enjoy learning about your new boyfriend, your search for independence, and your internship. I like when people who look like me head towards great things.


Love you, even if you never come back to my site. Gonna miss you, since this is your last post, I will still come by to check on you every now and again.

dessex said...

I feel about people not coming to yo page...sometimes i have like 3 visit and then the next day its like 10....I guess people only come when they feel like it.

Rashan Jamal said...

Sure blame me.. I only said, don't drag out the blog goodbye. If you gonna leave then leave, but don't be fishing for people to beg you to stay. LOL

Yeah, I'm a need you to get that together with the BF. You supposed to want to be with him, not dread it.

dejanae said...

yep
alone time is good


dry rice tho?
them haitians son
they got all the answers
lol

Queen of My Castle said...

I never would have thought of dry rice! EVER!!!

I so feel you on liking the smaller numbers in the comment sections and not having to feel OBLIGATED to drop by someone's page because they visit yours. A breath of fresh air actually.

I hope you enjoy your new found freedom once you get your new place ;-)

Brothers Blog said...

dry rice? Wow I gotta remember that one. Who would have ever thought. Gotta love parents and their infinite wisdom.

Britt said...

Found you while browsing blogs...

I totally agree with you on the parents thing...I'm 22 and still at home, in school, working...blah blah and i wanna move so bad. But my income is not like that yet. Wish it was though...

And lol about needing space, I never understood people who could be around thier bf 24/7!!! I need a break if only an hour every now and again.

Keep up the good work!

Complicated Melody said...

How exactly does the rice work? Did your father just come up with that off the top of his head? WOW.