Friday, January 25, 2008

Words turn me on..



I have come to the realization that an educated mind filled with extensive vocabulary is my greatest weakness when it comes to a man. That- and his ability to turn a situation into the most intellectually sarcastic and humorous story makes me into a prepubescent teen with a crush.

I'm a speech therapist so it's only natural that I have this fascination with words and language, but if I pick up one more academic book I am going to scream. I feel as though I am in a place of hating to read, write, learn. Isn't that horrible? Especially since I am spending so much damn money to do just that. I just miss doing it for the love.

Poetry was, is, and forever will be my addiction. The way a person conveys life through rhyme and style leaves me speechless. It inspires me to create:

It reigns in my ears, the cadence of his call so richly affecting the depth of my breath that I forget… to inhale. He has yanked the sustenance that upholds me and has hidden it away in the bends of his veins. I have been weakened by his assault satiated on his viciousness to consume me. His pillage of my essence is quiet and controlled as if he rehearsed the exploration, or better yet, had done it in times before these. Unyieldingly he grinds his existence into the arch of my back, the curve of my smile, the length of my stride, so that each angle of me reflects him. You would think I would cry out against the invasion; however the continuity of his cruel incursion has become a dull hum against my flesh never forgotten but barely felt. I welcome it as if I were a sadistic cretin and my pleasure lie within the surface of my pain. I am engrossed in his tactics, captivated in his manner to nourish me in his act to engulf all within the same beat. The ferociousness of his constant raid is illuminated in his eyes which now reflect me. You see, it is not only he who indulges in his greed to feed because me; I do the same as he to create that something beautiful that only can be done by two: WE.

But I don't get to do it as much anymore because I am sucked dry by academics. I've lost my creative hunger and I don't know how to get it back... Is it December yet (month of graduation)?...

5 comments:

Otis said...

(thinking of some clever sh*t to say....) oh, hello there! lol

Thanks for turning your attention to my blog home. Kinda new at it..but im liking it alot. gives me an outlet for expression.

Will definitely keep you on my visiting list.

Desy said...

thanks for swingin through. I've read for awhile, but I never really write... but I missin it- SO here I go..lol..

Rashan Jamal said...

I feel you on this. Aint nothing like a woman who can get with and add to my vocabulary.

Desy said...

add to your vocabulary- is that even possible? sometimes i think you sit and read the dictionary with the terminology you through out there half the time- but that's what makes your blogs such a pleasure to read- a cornucopia of wordage.. very nice

Eb the Celeb said...

I love this... I remember the first time I saw it...

my favorite line is...

"I wanna hear a poem where ideas kiss similes so deeply that metaphors get jealous"

Now that's some good ish!