Saturday, January 5, 2008

Really???



A situation like this could only happen to a girl like me.... And now I'm left wondering what the hell am I suppose to say. Here's the scenerio:

I was out my damn mind. I wanted to dance and flirt and have a good time, meet new people, and let loose cause it had been a while for me... So Ant.i.gua, the spot to be on a Friday night here in Orlando was were I needed to be. Went out with some homeboys of mine so that I didn't have to worry about keeping track of anyone and could focus on just dancing and havin a good time...

Well I did. In fact, I met someone there that I REALLY liked. He was real aggressive and all about having me by his side; not wanting to let me go check on my friends, or even leave to get some air. No, he was intense and passionate and wanted me next to him... So when it was time for me to bounce, he of course asked for my number and promised to call...

But he didn't.

So I keep keeping on, trying to understand the inner workings of a man, when I get this phone call on Thursday. Don't recognize the number, so I don't pick up. I listen to the message and it's some dude that is telling me that he met me last night.

Really? How is that possible when I didn't go out last night?

So of course, I call him back from my job to see what the hell is up, cause I most definately cannot wait until the end of the day.

"Hey"

"Hey, you just called my phone"

"Is this Ingrid?"

"Yeah, who is this?"

"Oh this is (insert name here), you met me last night. I had on the gray sweater"

"You didn't meet me last night"

"No? Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure. I didn't go out last night. The last time I was out was Friday."

"Where did you go on Friday"

"Ant.i.gua"

"Oh, well that's where you met me."

"No, cause I don't recognize your name."

"Well then it must've been my homeboy (insert name). He had my phone on him that night."

"Oh, ok. Well you should tell him that you got my number in your phone, cause he seemed real serious about knowing me..."

"Yeah? Well, Ion't know about dat. You sound real sexy. Maybe I want to keep you for myself."

I laugh "Yeah, well, no. Give him my number and tell him to call"

We hang up and all is cleared up... Well, he ends up calling me again telling me that he passed on the message and then proceeded to begin a conversation with me (which I found to be rather odd, but whatever). I end up cutting it a little short, stating that I had work in the morning and needed my rest (it was around midnight when he called)

Then yesterday, I get another call on my phone I don't recognize and a message was left. Lo and behold, it's Mr. Cutie from the club. I called him back from the office and we talked for a bit, laughing over the scenerio that just occurred and a suggestion from him for me to call him later. I did and we spoke further... I had plans to attend a movie (solo) and if he was up to it, he could feel free to join me... He said he would think about it and hit me up later

Between the time he call me back and the movie, his homeboy called me once again tryin to see if I was still going to go out. I told him about the movie thing and told him Mr. Cutie thought about maybe joining me. As we spoke (for about 2 min) he said that it was his friend now and he would call me later. I dismissed it and went to get ready... Well, as I was about to leave, I ended up calling Mr. Cutie since I hadn't heard anything and told him that I was just gonna head out there and that maybe another time would be better... He suggested calling me after the movie let out and tryin to link up then, which my only response was "maybe".

Well after the movie, I did get a phone call: From the friend.

At this point, I'm a little confused and ready to be done with this situation, but I feel as though I have so little information about Mr. Cutie that I don't want to completely blow him off. I just don't understand what's up with the friend.

Well, the friend calls me again today. And I entertain the conversation for a bit

"Hey, whatchu doin"

"Just a home, chillin"

"You mind if I come over"

"Don'tchu know that I'm interested in your homeboy?"

"Yeah, but I asked him how he felt about me calling and he was like 'it's cool, do you'. I mean, he don't get down with black girls like that anyway. He tends to mess with white chicks.

"Oh really.."

"Yeah, so I'm sayin..."

"Ummmm, Can I call you back?"

WHAT THE FUCK!?! I tried to get in touch with Mr. Cutie, but he's not home and apparently does not have a cell phone, so I'm left not knowing what the fuck to feel.

And the idiot friend. As a black man talking to a black woman, did you really think THAT was the way to get me interested in you... by saying that ya boy is not. How stupid ARE YOU?! AHHHHHHHHH

I hate being single...

2 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Wow, that's crazy. I'm thinking you might wanna leave both of them alone. Chalk that one up to experience and keep it moving.

Desy said...

haha, yeah- I deleted and dismissed with a swiftness..