Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm an Aquarius



I have read many things about the Aquarian mind and I guess since this is my space, I am gonna list some of the most interesting things that I have found over the last few years...

Aquarians basically possess strong and attractive personalities. They fall into two principle types: one shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the other exuberant, lively and exhibitionist, sometimes hiding the considerable depths of their character under a cloak of frivolity.

I am the a little bit of both, but more so the second personality. I enjoy living life to the very fullest of its potential. I have been known to do some outragous and unpredictable things and I definately consider myself an exhibitionist... I am one who definately caters to her man - lap dance and all...

They are usually honest enough to change their opinions, however firmly held, if evidence comes to light which persuades them that they have been mistaken.

People have such a hard time letting go of their own convictions even when presented with imperical information that clearly contradicts (yes, I'm talking to you Pres.ident B.ush). I just find that with openness comes true wisdom, and as a women, wisdom should be within the description of me...

Both types are humane, frank, serious minded, genial, refined, sometimes ethereal, and idealistic, though this last quality is tempered with a sensible practicality. They are quick, active and persevering without being self-assertive, and express themselves with reason, moderation and sometimes, a dry humor.

Dry humor... me? Well... maybe... haha. I enjoy people who make observations that few people would with an accompaning quick wit- I want my life to have a running commentary of quotable moments between myself and my other. I made a pact with my brother a long time ago that I wanted to be laughing for 80% of my life... I think I might be around 66% currently, but with an addition of another, I could well surpass my initial goal...

Both types need to retire from the world at times and to become temporary loners. They appreciate opportunities for meditation or, if they are religious, of retreats. Even in company they are fiercely independent, refusing to follow the crowd.

I was riding in the car with my dad on my way to my first day of 6th grade at my white majority middle school. Before letting me walk into an entirely new world filled with ENTIRELY different people, my father gave me advice that I have always followed: "Be your own person. Don't try to be anything that you aren't, and love every inch of yourself for being just what you are- my daughter." With that comment, he fortuitously adjusted the track of my life. Instead of following, I lead; and I never became something I wasn't already- my father's daughter, strong, educated, and loved.

The more extrovert kind of Aquarian may contain an intensely magnetic, forthcoming and open personality as well as have a desire to help humanity.

Ok, sooooo do you find yourself being pulled in to me??? haha
I do have a tendency of making people pay attention when they didn't really know they wanted to. But few stick around (people are fickle), which makes me fiercly appreciative of those who have maintained a steady role in my life. And I'm a speech therapist working with stroke patients that have lost their pre-stroke communicative status and my whole goal is to get them back to a place where they can enjoy their lives again... if that aint humanitarian, I dont know what is...lol

They do not give themselves easily - perhaps their judgment of human nature is too good for that - and are sometimes accounted cold. But once they decide that someone is worthy of their friendship or love, they can exert an almost hypnotic and irresistible mental attraction on them and will themselves become tenacious friends or lovers, ready to sacrifice everything for their partners and be faithful to them for life. However, they are sometimes disappointed emotionally because their own high personal ideals cause them to demand more of others than is reasonable. And if they are deceived their anger is terrible. If disillusioned, they do not forgive.


On the arts and humanities side their progressive tendencies can be expressed in writing, especially poetry.

Nuff said...lol

It cannot be denied that I am an Aquarian mind. I just don't know if there is someone out there that will want this mind and body as one to lay next to forever. I sure hope so...

6 comments:

Don said...

Desy, you better stop telling people you cater to your man. ou are going to have blog stalkers. lol.

I agree with wisdom should override convictions that are not based on wisdom. Isn't some forms of wisdom only obtained through age?

Laughter is good.

Your dad gave you some great advice. I try and lead, but I realize I may follow more than I should. I need to work on that.

Yes, people are very fickle. You have to look over them, though. It's better that way. You have a challenging job, I see.

And if they are deceived their anger is terrible. If disillusioned, they do not forgive.

Don't play with you. LOL!

Don said...

I can see your interest in poetry.

Oh yeah,

2

Desy said...

haha@ the blog stalker comment... well, if someone is attracted to the truth, can I really blame them???

Yes and no- In a sense, wisdom comes with experiences and it is common thought that the older you are the more experiences you have; but I've met some young souls that have been through a lifetime of events that leads them to having wisdom beyond their years...

My job is challenging, but I love it

That is definately the line for me... Because I care deeply, I hurt the same, and I don't like feeling that way twice

Thanx for the compliment by the way

Unknown said...

"They are quick, active and persevering without being self-assertive, and express themselves with reason, moderation and sometimes, a dry humor."

^^^That describes me perfectly! When is your b'day?? I'm the 15th! I'll take one of those lap dances as a gift!! lol..j/k

Rashan Jamal said...

Did I hear someone say lapdance? *takes out stack of $1 bills*

I love that your dad gave you that advice. That's the kind of father I want to be. The one with the words of wisdom.

Desy said...

it's about that time 1980... One year older, one year wiser... mine is on the 8th... only if I can get one in return...lol

RJ- I am 100% sure that you will be a wonderful father... and you kids will teach you what it truly means to be a smart ass...lol