Sunday, July 6, 2008

I know... I know

I know that I am a bit... confusing
I know that I can be a little... demanding
I know that I expect... alot
I know that I might be a bit...stubborn

But shit- that's me

I sat here in my house all day today.. avoiding past due therapy notes, reflection paper assignment, yard work, pool cleaning, and even eating. I buried myself in my futon and watched movies, slept, blogged, facebooked, phone avoidance, and just plain thought. I eventually had to do the pool and yard work, but I didn't do anything else. Thinking made me reflect on my weekend with my brudder and his people. I had a great time with them on the 4th and last night when I went to dinner with all of them. It was like 15-30 people at the cookout and 10-15 at the dinner and it was just so nice being around my brudder and his friends. But of course, it made me think about why none of my friends called me for the holiday. Not a single one. And another thing; ALL but one or two of my brudder and sis in laws peeps are married or engaged... so that was nice...not really. It was a glaring declaration of what I have yet to attain.

*moment of silence for Will Smith standing in the shower*- Damn.... but any way...

You know what's interesting about all this reflection. I'm super happy about being single. No truly... I'm intensely happy. The reason? I haven't settled. I haven't given in to those that I could have and I am still strong enough to wait for the one I truly want. The one that I will and have every intension of bending backwards for...

But what about my friendships- I have alot of friends... I mean, it astounds me how many people I actually enjoy being around and keeping in touch with and having in my midst... but they aren't a collective group of people and a LARGE majority of them are passive friends. They wait for me to call, for me to make plans, for me to make the effort... Sometimes I think it's a good thing... because I get to exert that aggressive personality of mine... Oh yes, I am definitely aggressive...But not in a horrible way and I try my best to keep myself in check- but I'm waiting for that strong opposition to come along and do it for me one day. I love a confident, knows what they want, no apologies made type of person. Those are the best kinds... and those are the RAREST to find. Roxy like that...she is definately a good balance for me... but there are things that get done for romance that aren't done for friendship with her too...but in her case, I truly understand. For the rest of my supposed close friends... smh- I'm sad at you.

I was talking to a friend and I put out the proposition that I should be a little more my opposite and see what would happen... but being the people person that I am, it would be challenging for me after a few days...

Maybe I'm just too much. Too aggressive, too demanding, too overwhelming, too open, to revealing, too honest, too easy, too nice, too predictable, too consistent, too so many things... something to consider

I'm getting too distracted by I Ro.bot.. *lol* I love that line~ 'You are the dumbest smart person I have ever seen.' I'm out.

20 comments:

Hyaku Juuhachi said...

Will Smith standing in the shower???

118

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

But hey. You knew all that!

swag_ambassador said...

its good to see you know yourself to that much of a tee.. knowing is half the battle LOL.. but I mean, friendships are all about give and take, and adapting to tha type of person that friend is.. if they were the same exact person as you, you probably wouldnt like him/her..

i.can't.complain. said...

u and this will smith shower business.

hehe.

but for real

he does have some fantastic cheeks.

-1-

dessex said...

I have noticed that, after a while my friends and I just grew apart. Not that we had a problem or anything...it just ran its course. True friens are difficult to find, and you will find out who your real friends are when the times comes.

Be Blessed.

Smaragd said...

i think i'll be overflogging it if i say one more time that u are too much like me! it's eerie.

i know exactly how u feel darling, it's just the way we are configured.

kit von b. said...

from "i am legend" right?

that scene was the truth.

-KB

kit von b. said...

from "i am legend" right?

that scene was the truth.

-KB

Rashan Jamal said...

First thing I notice..you are phone avoiding but mad cuz nobody called you? Did you call them? Also, I'm pretty sure someone called you...

If you aren't happy with your friends then you need to make some changes. I'm just saying, you can talk about it until you are blue in the face, but it wont change until you make it change.

My 2 cents...

Brittany said...

I have been sitting around doing nothing all summer. Sometimes I hate not having school in the summer. I feel so lazy.
It does give me time to think to...actually I am thinking way to much

Jazzy said...

I'm going to go ahead and agree with my homie...second 68.

Kick that too demanding, too aggressive, too honest...personality of yours into over drive and tell your friends to stop slacking!

Unknown said...

tk it easy, sis. everytn's gon' work out fine 4 u.
kp being u...it's the best thing to be.
Smile 4 me now.

dejanae said...

*picyuring will smith naked*
sorry cant come up with nything else
*back to picturing will naked*

eclectik said...

I like you and your blog as is.

e.

soumynona said...

Whats up with you and Will smith?? I can't stand that dude =>
Just sprinkling a little hate on him => But for real, you are limited to only one Will Smith movie and 2 Fresh Prince reruns a week now =>

One Man’s Opinion said...

Okay, you threw me off with "moment of silence for Will Smith standing in the shower", but I got it once I got to the end. I do not think you are too much of anything, but I don't know you that well.

I will say this, I don't always call my good friends, because it is not in my personality. I do call them during the big holidays though. Don't sweat the small stuff. You are loved in blog world.

James Tubman said...

desy is back and in full effect

the aquarious is a free spirit

no attachments

its a trait I wish I had

its good to take some time out for yourself

you can be aggresive though

I remember the first time we talked

I said something about eb the celebs post and you responded to me in an semi-aggresive way lol

I don't even remember what the issue was but it was funny lol

Queen of My Castle said...

Awareness of self is a damn good thing, and you aren't too anything. There is a man out there that will totally compliment the many facets of Desy, and tame some of your TOO ways, and you, by the same measure, will do the same for him. I love the fact that you are not willing to settle, please don't change that.

. said...

somedays you just need a lazy day and so i am glad that you got to engage yourself in one.

be happy being single, be happy being with you.
be confident in you, but don't be adversed to growth and maturation. not saying that you are, but i have found, for example, with myself, that i thought that i knew myself so well. what i was, what i wasn't and i didn't realize how much growth i was cutting off in the name of growth. i hope that made some type of sense.
so be confident, but don't be blind. just my advice.

keep doing what you're doing love.

Dana said...

Haha!! I'm so late to the game, but glad I found ya! This is my first time passing thru and I must say, it's all LOVE!!! =) Love the post!!