Friday, April 4, 2008

A fictional tale (pt. 2)

He walked into the living room and took in the foreign view of prestine floors and everything just so item placement.

'Wow. This place looks great. Definitely a change from when I took up every corner of this room with my clutter' a lopsided grin formulating on those smooth perfect lips whose touch had not been forgotten by my skin nerves that tingled at the sight of them. I didn't respond and headed back towards the kitchen to continue in my after work ritual. I felt his eyes follow, but he remained lodged in the comfort of the room he'd spent most of his time in. I walked over to the cupboard that hovered just above the island and pulled out a glass with the weary hand that had been taken too far and was now shaking. Placing it next to the milk, I stood staring at nothing in particular. Quickly I regrouped and decided to replace the milk thinkin not strong enough. I took the Armadale out of the freezer and began pouring with little intention of stopping. The other hand, still clutching the cookies, quickly traveled to my mouth and I popped in one delectable chocolate addiction. I closed my eyes and held it there for softening and savoring of the calming properties that this snack seemed to have. I chewed slowly while opening my eyes seeing that the glass was about to overflow.

'Shit,' I mumbled putting the bottle down heavily.

'Is everything ok?' filtered in from the other room.

Again, I did not respond to him and debated on chugging the entire glass. I need to get it together. I took out another glass and poured half of the contents of the initial glass into the second. I grabbed some ice and dropped them in the clear liquid, took a sip from both glasses followed by a deep breath, and walked back into the living room. I paused for a moment taking in the picture I had before me. He, sitting on the single seat that sat adjacent to the matching plush beige couch, was staring at the kitchen door that I now stood in front of. He was sitting forward, elbows on knees while his hands came together underneath his chin. I could see his jaw clenching repeatedly, a habit that I'd jokingly told him would ruined his enamel, cause him to get dentures, and lose his kissing privileges. I bit back the habit and just walked toward him enduring his unfaltering gaze. My heart, still not fully repaired from our last encounter, fluttered painfully as I offered him the glass. He took it without questioning its content and placed it soundly on the stainless steel framed glass coffee table without drinking. I sat on the couch in the portion closest to him, bringing up my pinstripe slack covered legs into the indian style seating that I was infamous for. I took a deep slow sip, grasping the glass with one shaky hand and one cookie clenching hand to keep it steady. I looked straight ahead at the unlit fire place that no longer had photos adorning the mantle as I felt his eyes bore into me aggressively. He initiates

'How are you?' looking at me.

'Fine,' me looking at the wall.

'How's work going?' still looking at me.

'Good,' me looking down into my glass.

'Ummm, well, I guess you're finally living the way you wanted. Everything is in its place,' finally looking at something that is not me, as he glances around the room.

Silence. I slip my last Or.eo into my mouth and I caught his face soften at the sight of me indulging in my daily quotidian cookie intake.

'God I miss you.'

I closed my eyes to steal them against the tears that were fighting their way to the brim of my lower lid. One escaped, screaming at the sensation of free falling into my glass finally being muted by the union of salted water and alcoholic destruction. Still maintaining closed eyes, I brought the glass to my lips and took another deep swallow, almost emptying the glass. The lingering chocolate flavor attached itself to the newly flowing liquid and accompanied its descend down my throat causing heat from their electric connection. A description that I held for he and I as well.

'Baby…,' softly

'Baby… say something,' softer still

I'm not ready to see you, talk to you, be around you! Not yetMy mind was shouting, but my words whispered from me, 'Why did you come here?'

'Because you are all that I've been thinking of for the last 3 months since I left here. I pace like a fucking caged animal reliving those moments over and over again instead of sleeping at night. I can't even work. I took time off from the paper and told them I was doing some independent projects. The only time I've left my apartment is to get groceries, and come here to debate whether or not to knock. Today I finally did.'

I look at him then with naked eyes and he buckles at the strength of my glare that glistens with unshed tears. He looks away from me, burying his face inside his hands. Those hands that had brung me to climax through their craft of photography; that had cradled me gently as I eased off to sleep; that had cook, pretended to clean, and rub the aches of my day away. Those hands had once been what Or.eos had now become....my comfort.

22 comments:

Chari said...

1ssssst...

Chari said...

ur writing is very powerful.....u write like a poet mayn...kudos!

Jameil said...

get out selfish.

Jazzy said...

^^ My sentiments exactly!

Girl...do you know how good you are? Do you really?

I have to know what happened between these two...part three coming by Sunday?

soumynona said...

Dear this is stronger than fiction...Have you ever been in a similar situation? Damn, I feel like I have just from reading. I need to call someone and apologize real quick, I'll be back

swag_ambassador said...

i feel the emotion pop out on this piece.. i dig it desy.

Anonymous said...

Heavy. Deep. Sensual. ---> All of that!

Brittany said...

aww her writing ain't all that..lol I'm playing. This is really good I agree.

Queen of My Castle said...

Desy, Desy, Desy...I am speechless. Am with Diva, part 3 by Sunday?

Is this piece written from experience? Seems so if not.

Many kudos babe

Queen of My Castle said...

BTW...Nabisco should be paying you for endorsing the O.reo. I am at work and had to walk down to the vending machine to buy some. They only had the Cakesters...so I had to settle. LOL

dessex said...

you know how to paint a picture with words.

You can't leave us hangin tho. You gotta keep going tho. Why not make some money and write a book

Desy said...

@charizard- I have been known to be called a poet

@j-lol�gettin made at my characters are we?

@diva-I just can't get over how much I like that new profile pic�lol; thank you so much� I know I need to keep growing tho- hone the craft so to speak

@soumy-never� the only thing I identify with is the oreo addiction..lol

@swag- another consistent comment� I'm beginning to feel honored *slow smile*

@bmore- thanx� I'm tryin

@britt-ah whatever, you know you've been here before� and if not, you can identify anyway since relationships tend to be rough

@queen- you speechless? I don't believe it..lol. Definitely not from any experience of mine or anyone I know� just kinda pullin from the world around me (e.g. other books, blogs, friends, life)

Haha- I can't settle for the cakester. I'm to hard core OR-EEE-O� which reminds me *mental note to get some*

@dessex- because I need time to write consistently and I don�t have any really�besides� would you buy my book?

kit von b. said...

i have mixed emotions about this post. almost as if i was reliving a scenario that happened just a few months ago. ill writing nonetheless, but i'm sure you knew that.

-KB

flawsandall said...

ok i wont even try and sound redudant anymore...

breaks up are hard and suck everything out of you especially when you really love them

so is there lika a part three? lol

MsRoxy said...

Your writing's amazing, but I didn't expect anything less. Your metaphor's make me feel all tingly.

Unknown said...

yo... fantastic... I'm amazed at how I felt I was part of the action... like wow... oreos and armadele? damn, that's how you roll Des?

Rashan Jamal said...

BOOK ON TAPE!!!! LMAO!!!

This is tight, yo! I'm feeling the descriptiveness of these pieces.

guerreiranigeriana said...

*with tea and edamame in hand, awaiting the next installment*...beautiful...beautiful writing...i hope you are participating in the challenge on atutupoyoyo's page...

1/3 said...

You really captured the pain of the woman in this fictional tale. You sure you never been heartbroken desy?...thats exactly how it feels like.. Anyway, Waiting on part 3! lol

Desy said...

@KB- thank you for writing even tho it hits close to home. I think the direction is changing a little tho, so I hope you continue to follow

@zephi- yes ma'am... currently in the process

@rox- girl, i'm waiting on you and your words...where u at with that?

@canon- *looking at the title*...lol. i could have sworn i said this was a fictional tale... oreos=yes... armadale=no

@rj- i suggested doing an utterz, but nooooooooo, someone wants to be selfish... maybe i should put a vote out there to see...lol

@niga- i have heard nothin of this challenge... what does it entail (because i know one other author that i should inform about this)

@1/3- no ma'am... my heart is unscathed...i guess i'm lucky like that...lol... i just have good empathy skills

I hope this gets me to a status where people will stop telling me i don't understand cause i haven't been there...i'll just ask...don't you read my blog?...lol (j/k)

Buttercup said...

mayn...Danielle Steel had better watch her back!

Smaragd said...

abso-sugar-lutely beeyootifool piece Desy, pls write a sequel k?