Monday, April 14, 2008

Hey...

I have two weeks of school left, but this is my last week of therapy/classes/working. I have a mountains worth of reports to complete, but no finals so that's awesome. Today (Sunday), I finally completed my 20pg research paper (my longest paper), that I put together using papers that I did in the past as well as from other research articles (all sited of course). I don't even know why I put any effort into it at all. I mean, it's not like the professor is gonna read it... He's one of those teachers that sits at his desk and counts the pages rather than actually reading the content. As long as you turn something in that is between 10-20pgs with about 7-20 sources, your all good. I mean, I have done so much blogging in that class, it's ridiculous…

What does it say about me that I have to ask all my female friends to do something. I know that I kind of create these lackadaisical natures within them because I am so aggressive, but after a while, I become just as lethargic about calling and making plans…and what ends up happening? Nothing. No one calls. No one asks. We don't hang out. And it's not like for one week… it can go for months. How am I not missed within that time? Some are in school and see me in the clinic from time to time, but that's not the same as hanging out or talking on the phone, or going out and having a great time. Sigh… Will I change my aggressive ways tho…? Probably not, most likely because I fear that if I do change, these women will disappear from my life and all the investments I've made will be all for naught. If I was talkin to a psychologist, I can almost hear her/him asking me if I feel this has something to do with my mother…..YES, Damn it!... *quietly* I guess it does.

Time for some 'singles ad' exposure. Things that make me the woman I am:

~I talk incessantly… but I listen just as intensely (just don't expect me to remember anything... my mind is bad...lol)

~It's amazing how I can turn a regular statement into a sexual innuendo… I hear that is due to my virginal state

~I have high expectations for myself and others

~I hate to be bored and require laughter

~I have no problems admitting when I'm wrong and appreciate the experience of being proved as such… it promotes growth

~I am defensive about my family…(Rashan has felt this wrath…lol). And sometimes it happens obscurely and I don't even realize that I'm being that way. But I kno they aren't perfect and I complain about them from time to time… just…ummm… don't you do it…lol (and no, not you Rashan… you've already learned this lesson…lol)

~I love the getting to know you process… and I want to be involved in it for hours upon hours that stretch across days for years with someone who wrinkles my brain, works my abs, and pleases my eyes

~I go to clubs to dance. I could honestly be in there alone (and have been pretty damn close) and not give a damn. As long as the music is good, I am on the floor. And I do it well, if I do say so myself...which leads me to

~I realize I am good at many things… I sing (very well), dance (very well), write (very well), provide therapy (very well).. But there is nothing that I am AMAZING at. I mean, purely amazing, where people sit in ahhh at its creation. I wonder if I'll ever do that in my lifetime. And do you know where I wanna do it if I do? In the area of motherhood….

I'm done… what are things that make you who you are?

26 comments:

Brittany said...

I don't have exams either!! I guess we are lucky.

What makes me who I am?
I hate the getting to know you process. Sucks..I am total opposite of you.

Jazzy said...

What makes me who I am? I'm pretty good at reading people. I dont usually have them all figured out right away, but I can usually see through the lies and BS that others fall for...and in a short amount of time.

I can't speak for your dancing and singing, but I think your writing is amazing!

Rashan Jamal said...

Ummm. Its not Monday yet. LOL

Yeah, I remember the wrath of the prodigal daughter very well. It was pretty funny how you went from zero to stab a nigga in 4.3 seconds.

That's a nice picture.. the sky is purple. LOL

Who I'm Is..

I'm the nice guy that doesn't want people to know I'm nice because I(not so) secretly fear that nice guys finish last.

I'm that guy that finds humor in everything, even stuff that is not conventionally funny.

I'm that guy that can turn it on and turn it off just as quickly.

I better stop now before this turns into a post in your comments. What do you mean, too late? LOL

who? said...

Who am I? I honestly have to think on it... I'm really not sure.

love that picture. how did you get the sky like that?

Chari said...

I am too quick to love and trust people and that's cuz I was too spoilt and pampered when I was a kid...

i.can't.complain. said...

i love all the purple-ness of that pic, D

i've been told the thing that makes me be me is my heart

people think im cold and uncaring from my exterior

but, when and if i care... i care with my whole being

aside from that, i guess im just your average chick that hasn't found what im "amazing" at

i wonder if i ever will

-1-

Hadassah said...

Dang u are so lucky cause I hvae finals and prefer writing papers to writing multiple choice questions.

The things that make me who I am:

Definitely my Quiet and shy personality.

Don said...

i too hated to be bored and cherish laughter. same as being able to understand when i am dead wrong. i may not admit it to no one but myself though.

what makes me me..

irony, joy, pain, lessons taught and learned - these are @ the core of my spirit.

kit von b. said...

christ.

i wanna say something nasty and rude but outta respect for you and other bloggers that have commented im gonna stfu.

it's too damn early.

i love that pic of you. i like the purple...did u do that? it's pretty cute.

what makes me me??? hmmmmm. my ability to change the forecast anywhere i go. i can make a cloudy room sunny. dead ass. my personality is infectious and im always the life of the party.

i've formed my own belief system to live by, and it's the only thing that keeps me sane.

-KB

dejanae said...

i sing
in mediocrity

i dance
cuz i need to release

i write
heartfelt senseless drivel


i observe
before i make moves

i need
intensive therapy

i laugh often
but seldom smile

i whisper
when i want to be heard

i am

well....

let me know when you meet her

swag_ambassador said...

LOL @ you turning the smalles convo about nothing into somethin sexual ;)

things that make me ME... prolly my quiet confidence.. my smile.. im always smilin it seems.. my ability to live, and my positive outlook on basically everything

Jinta said...

oh, there IS something you're amazing at...

Eb the Celeb said...

Now you know I am loving the purple sky pic... you know that's my color!

1/3 said...

Thats a beautiful picture of you desy:-)

What are things that make you who you are?

-My caring nature
-My love for people
-My sense of humor(even tho lately its kinda been gone lol)
-my shy and observant ways
-my ability to love through pain..

kit von b. said...

i'd just like to know why brittany finds it necessary to let everyone know she's the opposite of them. i mean, where's her lightbulb? well i can lend her mine and then she can get enough sense to find passive-agressive bloggers as narrow and close-minded as herself to relate with.

jus' sayin.

-KB

MsRoxy said...

I've always loved this pic...just something about it...your expression..the purple sky....or maybe just maybe that sexy ass elbow..mmhm mmhm...

What makes me, me....

I am so SHY.

But have my...moments.

I am drawn to the obscure.

I live for humor of any kind.

Laughing is the second best feeling on the planet.

Love is the first.

I thrive on hope and the genuine acts of people....

I am a child of God.

storing my treasure in heaven

While mining truth

here on earth.

.....But you already know that.

Sexxy Luv said...

My ability to aceept people for who they are with out judging them defines who I am...a loving sincere individual.

I love the picture of you.

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Nice Pic ;-)

soumynona said...

My names sake - somuchinfosolittletime - suggests that I am a know it all. I am an expert in everything except humility and reality! =>
For real for real, my strengths are insight, forgiveness, and acceptance

James Tubman said...

well we have to the dancing thing in common

many people say i can't dance but i think i can

especially when i'm drunk

you are a monster writer too

you should publish one day (nope i'll never leave you alone about it)

One Man’s Opinion said...

Are you one of those aggressive friends? Aggressive friendship hurts. LOL. You should have turned in your blog entries as an assignment.

I'm an introverted, happy person, who loves to draw and write. That's about me in a nutshell.

dessex said...

you lucky. I had to do a 20 page research paper, not the actually paper but the research where we disucssed the finding of our reserach, it was the worst....

What makes me, me? I would say everything about me. I have some many elements to who I am people would be surprised. I am everything you wouldn't expect me to be (considering my past).

flawsandall said...

that picture of you is a beaut..its almost animated...Its funny how situations/occurances can actuall affect an obscure part of our lives..im talking about the loss of your mum and the relationship with your friends

I feel you about the sexual innuedo stuff..I am like that too..I am so curious about it..I just wanna do it and get it over with but alas I cant

Desy said...

@britt- yeh to no exams!... I know I'm lucky. ummm.. Britt, I think you are really adamant about us being opposites… I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time you've written that on my blog?... Are u tryin to tell me that there is something wrong with me being me? Don't u identify with anything that I've been thru or experienced?....hmmm

@diva- *nodding head*, sometimes I can do that, but there are those that are hit or miss… thank you for the compliment homie… *sigh* such luv

@rashan- why u gotta call me out like that?!?!...lol. You know I'm anal about my schedule…lol.. But I'm SOOO fallin off this week cause of final reports and presentations.

@canon-u shouldn't… but take it one day at a time- my friend tinted the photo purple.. He's a photographer…

@char- well, don't be afraid of that with me… I'll be good to u…*wink*

@i.can't-thanx babe; I would never use the word 'average' to describe u… and I can sooo see someone saying that to you… because I'm sure your heart matches your external beauty that is timeless

@hadassah- good luck on those final das; now why wouldn't I picture u as quiet or shy… maybe cause of your men stories…lol… I kinda have men stories like that (but pg 13 rated)…

@don- so poetic mr. poetry man… haha- and u need to stop fruntin and just admit YOU WRONG fuh dat…lol

@kb- cloudy room to sunny…I can SOOO see that… never conform… as long as you are true to yourself, then you'll be happy… which CLEARLY you did on your 2nd comment on this post…*smh*… gotta loves the KB.. ALWAYS says whats on her mind

@deja- had the pleasure of ur singin on MJ karaoke… need a vid of the dancin skills…. Ur writing is mindnumbingly stimulating… who u watchin?...well, I'm sorta a therapist…why smile when u can laugh?... Oh yes! I do the same…. Nice to meet you Deja

@swag- yeh… that smile *dreamily thinking of it*… you should do that EVERY day… cause people DESERVE that gift…lol

@jintu- my darling… do tell, I must kno

@eb- reppin that feb amethyst…lol…

@1/3- thanks hun; don't forget your beautiful mind (matched by your smile), and amazing heart

@rox-LMFAO…yo elbow.. Your hilarious on EVERY given day… and that’s why I love you…hmmm, did I just come up with a post idea?... Ode to Roxy and why she's my homie fah lyfe dog! Fah lyfe…lol…

@luv- there needs to be more folk like u out there… I so need to go to ur spot… but I've been neglectin everyone cause of school. Hopefully I'll get to pass thru soon

@boss- thanx *smile*

@soum- I KNEW you were a genius…lol. And somehow I thought it would be in your eating skills…sandwich lover…lol

@james- that's gonna have to be somethin I get the pleasure of seein one day…

@one- my aggression doesn't bruise… and haven't u heard that pain is pleasure *sexual innuendo thought at work*… deja gives enough assignments for the sum of us all…lol

@dessex- yeh, but when u couple it with the rest of the reports I have to write… it was quite horrid… but that is OVER! And THAT makes me feel REALLY lucky (especially since it's due tomorrow).

@zeph- I think that every day; how could something so long ago affect my every current day…its amazing… my mirrored spirit… girl u already know U mah people...

*goin back to report writing*

Jameil said...

my fabulosity makes me who i am. and i am SO a don't care if no one else is dancing in the club girl!! i'm more sensitive abt my friends than my fam. if more people had high expectations for themselves and others this world would surely be an easier place to live in. i know rashan is experiencing paroxysms of joy for being mentioned 2xs in one post. fab pic chica.

guerreiranigeriana said...

i love this pic at the bottom!!!!...so happy!!...and fun...and don't doubt your ability to be amazing...i do admire what you do aspire to be amazing at-motherhood...but, you already are amazing, in soooo many ways...its usually difficult for a person to say they are amazing at something...but i can tell you are an amazing reflection of God...

...and when a virgin, i tooo turned everything into sex!!!...in fact, i still do;)...