Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wo.man Like Me



So I was going through some of my regular blogs and I came across this song on one of the play lists that automatically starts when you get to the page that I've not been a huge fan of (except for a few sites that keep it HOT...lol).. Anyway.. I wanna say thanks hadassah because when I heard this song, I could not stop listening to it. And when I say not stop listening to it, I mean, I put it on my mp3 immediately and had it on repeat when I was in the yard working, had it on my laptop when continuing to blog, made a cd just so that I could have it when I get in my car. There is something about real instrument work that makes me groove so hard that I loose myself. But it wasn't just that. It was the words that made me listen real intensly. I mean, I really related and honestly, I have not identified with a song about my current mental state of womanhood so fiercely in recent years. And go figure... it comes from the movie P.ink P.anther... Lemme break it down...my comments are in red)


The Lyr.ics
[VERSE 1:]

Do you think
You could fall for a woman like me
(that's always a qestion I have)
Cause I find it hard to trust
(omgosh if this aint the truth, I don't know what is)
I need too much
(I've always felt like someone that might expect a great deal; especially within the initial pursuit~ the lacksidasical nature of a man really makes me think that I may need too much sometimes...)
And I really don't believe in love, no no
(I do believe in love, but I'm still questioning it's possibility for me...sometimes...I go back and forth with it)
Do you think
That I could be the girl of your dreams
(cause God knows I wanna be)
Sometimes I don't let things go
(But I do my best to talk myself rationally through it)
Get emotional
(well I am a woman... what do you expect...lol)
And sometimes
I'm just out of control
(ummmm, no comment...lol)

[CHORUS:]
You need to stop for a minute
Before you get too, deep up in it(Too deep)
(yeh... cause I may not be where you are emotionally since I have been known to be guarded)
'Cause everything ain't what it seems
(my flirtatious nature may be perceived wrong)
It's hard loving a woman
A woman like me(Woman like me)
(i'll wait for someone to actually be in love with me before i co-sign on this line)
You need to think about it
(yes... please think. i don't like those that kinda back into it relationships... e.g. chillin every so often, starting to get physical, then next thing you know, someones callin someone else a significant other... as sooo many relationships do these days it seems like)
Before you get hooked on the venom
(haha, yeah... i can be poisonous i guess)
And can't live without it(No no)
(addiction... might be nice)
Can't believe everything you see
It's hard loving a woman
A woman like me

[VERSE 2:]
Do you think
That I could be the one that you seek
(ya'll see that line ^^^^= that YOU seek... umhmmm, men need to think on that...lol)
'Cause baby I'm one step ahead
You're two steps behind
But baby I don't mind
(i definately think waaaaay ahead when dealing with people... the projection of where our interaction can possibly go. I may not discuss it, but I definately think on it)
Do you think
That I can make you real happy baby
(because I could...*smiles*)
Just don't get me wrong
My loving is so strong
(mmmhmmm, because it's potent... hasn't been diluted with other interactions...lol)
But I ain't tryna lead you on

[CHORUS:]

25 comments:

Jazzy said...

Luv this song! She's not selling dude a dream...she's actually keeping it really funky with her honesty. Sometimes men (women too) hear what they wanna hear though.

Hope everything works out with the family drama!

Chari said...

It doesn't get more sincere that...One can easily tell that those words were sincerely straight from a woman's heart...

Hadassah said...

I LOVE THAT SONG TOO! lolol.

I actually downloaded it cause the title was appealing and i had not heard of the song at that time. When i heard it i got hooked. I was surprised with my self since I am not a big Beyonce fan. But this song is really good. Good choice !

Buttercup said...

It's funny how i never took time to listen to the lyrics....deep stuff...

Eb the Celeb said...

I love this record... and had completely forgot about it... just added it to the RBW playlist in hopes that I was one of the people your were talking about above that has a banging playlist..lol

Charles said...

I like the song too. Haven't heard it in a while though...

dejanae said...

mine betta be one of them hot playlists

i totally feel u on the red

dessex said...

beyonce is dope. To bad this ain't make the album

Jinta said...

"i don't like those that kinda back into it relationships..."

lol. you've got me going thru some serious self-examination here

James Tubman said...

i don't know desy

not a big beyonce fan

even though sometimes her songs do have substance

but she's right about loving a woman like her

it is hard especially if you don't love yourself

once you have self love it's very difficult for others not to love you

i don't think she loves herself too much if you ask me

but who am i to say

1/3 said...

I loved this song when I first heard it. I loved how real she was when it came to her heart. I wonder if B wrote this..

Anonymous said...

I never heard this song before, but I love it now!!

Desy said...

@diva- see, look atchu… u posted so quick after, you saw my little disclaimer prior to its removal… lol… I appreciate the love

@char- I know it… that's why I love it soo much

@hada- man… it's such a GREAT song… and I ditto the beyonce fan… but she does have a voice that I appreciate…

@buttercup- hey girl… lemme tell you.. I am so appreciative of you goin all the way down my page… doin some serious desy post research… that's some blog love for real…lol… welcome to my blog fam…

@eb- now see… if u had less stuff on your page, I might be able to load ur page eb…*smh*… thas why I haven't really been round u're way… my computer gets so overworked that it completely stops when it hits ur page… and it's only u for some reason…lol… I mean, what do u have on there ma… it's bananaz…lol

@charles- well I'm glad I could refresh that cerebrum of yours

@deja- u def upgraded that updated playlist

@dess- well, I didn’t buy it anyway… mixed cd is bumpin it with a little teedra moses and ashanti… I like mixture

@tub- yeh, but the words were potent for me regardless of my appreciation for B… which isn't much

@1/3- I should look into that *starting internet search*

@honey- and that's exactly what it did to me when I heard it

Desy said...

and my dear jintu- i'm tryin to teach u how to become my ideal man...lol; that way we can truly have a blog relationship...*wink*

kit von b. said...

i often wonder the same thing about myself...'what's he gonna do with bitch like me?'

sometimes i even ask that question out loud.

-KB

Queen of My Castle said...

Not at all surprised that this is a Bey song. I'm feeling it and love the fresh honesty of it. I sooo wish that we could ALL just get back to honesty and keeping it real with each other, no matter how much the truth hurts.

Don said...

But I do my best to talk myself rationally through it

I like to think this is a key that will open and close every door known to man. The ability to rationalize is seriously underrated.

There has to be an understanding.

Jameil said...

not beyoncizzle.

flawsandall said...

ohh i love this song..
can you send it to me? prettp pls

soumynona said...

I love your comments in red! but when she said "You need to stop for a minute before you get too deep up in it" Yeah, that usually means that both of us in too deep in many ways
- physically we are getting heated
- emotionally we both are feeling each other faster than expected
- Sexually we in the middle of some serious crushing
-lyrically we both have wooed each other with our words both written and spoken

Jinta said...

i’m amenable, you can mould me anyway you want

guerreiranigeriana said...

who sings this song?...did i miss that somewhere?...i'm funny about liking songs...have to know the artist before i make a comment;)...

Rashan Jamal said...

Don't think I ever heard this song before the other day. I like the beat. I could freestyle off this one. LOL

You really identified with these lyrics.

Desy said...

@KB- sweetie, you aren't a bitch... you just have a little bite is all...*wink*

@queen- it was so refreshing to see this and altho i really dont care that i missed p.ink panther, i am sad that i missed this for so long....oh well, i found it now *smiles*

@don- being able to talk things out and not let them overwhelm u (emotionally) is what has helped me become a stronger daughter, sister, friend, and someday girlfriend, wife, and mother

@j- it's about the song... not the artist..lol; she doesn't move me much as a person, but i do appreciate her voice (most times)

@zephi- on its way hun

@soumy- love ur breakdown hun... unfortunately that advice is given a little to late... but i have found myself not feeling as deeply as my counterpart which is why that line put me on alert

@jintu- oh really?... we'll see how well u bend...

@niga- Beyonce.. i didn't put it in the post cause i thought it was in the vid... but i forgot the vid is from the movie and doesn't give the artist name or title....

@rashan- i expect an utterz post with that follow thru... now...lol

Buttercup said...

u r welcome babes....n thanx for welcomin me, keep up the fab work!