Sunday, April 6, 2008

A fictional tale (pt. 3)

I leaned forward and placed the almost empty glass down on the table and lifted his untouched glass bringing it to rest on my lap. Unexpectedly, he stood and began this pacing that I guess had become his new method of thought processing. I listened as he rambled going back and forth from one end of the expansive living room to the other, taking brief moments to stop and look at me.

'I know that there is no real reason why I should be here. I promised you space, but I needed to see you. But I know that you are going to tell me that if I loved you then I would have sacrificed my own selfish needs and given you what you wanted, but I just…,' a sigh. It escaped from him so powerfully, the hair on my posterior neck was tousled by its strength. He walked over to me then. His scent, a mixture of aftershave and signature cologne (Black), wafted through my nostrils into the memory centers of my brain triggering a sea of unbridled images and moments filled with laughter and tears, hatred and love, sex and conversation. Thoughts that I'd meticulously folded neatly and packed away in storage, never to be touched again.

He gently took the glass from me hands taking a sip before putting it behind him. Placing his large hands on my bended knees, he tried to capture my eyes, but I refused, choosing to linger longer on my now intertwined fingers. He raised a single finger to meet the base of my chin and lifted, heat rising to my face knowing that he would see. And he did. The tears had begun their descent down my face, one lone soldier after the other in a silent march of solace and pain. He brought his hands up to cradle my face, doing all that he could to erase their trail. A futile attempt. Smoothly, I brought my hands to my own face and began wiping the tears, breaking his embrace.

'I want you to leave.' The words came almost inaudibly, and if I had not said them myself, I would have doubted their existence. His presence imprisoned me in a state of upsetednessocity and I was desperate to find the key, frantically in need to find fresh air.

'No you don't.' My eyes met his and the certainty of his statement discovered the legless stance in which his beliefs stood.

'Ok, maybe you do…. But I have to know. Do you still love me? Can we work thru this? I'm drowning over here and I just need to know if we can'

My furrowed brow held in check my angered outburst that was soon to erupt. HOW can you ask me this now?! NOW when I am no where near ready?! Don't you KNOW what I've been through?! NO, you don't! Because you weren't here! Because you couldn't bare to be with me?! I can't do this and I do wish you would get out. NOW! My mind stood on table tops shouting at the top of its nerves, atoms clenched, dendrites diggin into the palms of lobes, but I sat silent. I didn't respond, I just sat. And he waited, unmovable because he was drinking me in not knowing when he would have this opportunity again.

'Please… I don't want to go without knowing,' He quietly implored. I had to move. The proximity was too much and I was overdosing on the feel of his hands on me. I pushed his hands away from my knees and unfolded my legs, forcing his retreat from his lowered position in front of me. As I got up, he stood as well and brought himself dangerously close to me; however keeping his hands by his side, rather than scooping me up in his embrace. I looked up into his deep set windows of soundless glass, placing one small hand against his cheek.

'I have nothing to say to you.' And with that, I swiftly turned to walk toward the door. My movement was halted by his hands as they broke rank and enveloped my waist in one effortless motion pulling me to him. Chest against back, he buried his tear streaked face in the nook where my shoulder blade met my neck. I wrapped his embrace with one of my own and it was within that moment that the sobs finally came. For so long, I had lamented my loss and exiled my instinctual emotion because it was too much to bare. But within the bends of his arms, the reaction attacked my soul and I felt every inch of my loss. Our loss. Our baby.

16 comments:

i.can't.complain. said...

well, this was certainly time well spent writing last nite.

D, u have a way with words.

its crazy how we can pretend to be so strong.

how "she" was perfectly fine crying w/out sound

until he touched her.

held her.

and then she was able 2 release

as angry as she was w/him and the loss they shared

his embrace helped her to let some of that pain out.

nice job, as always

-1-

Desy said...

@can't- thank u hun... i've been in that place where u try to hold it in, but the minute an embrace hits you, the flood comes...

and now, i need to go work out those muscles and start on some yard work :sigh: sundays...lol

Chari said...

Impressive Desy...u definitely have me as a fan...keep it up dearie...

1/3 said...

wow I really felt this one..it reminded me of a moment I had like this...trying to be strong but failing miserably. great job as usual desy lol:-)

Chari said...

I think one way or another we have all had a moment like the one in ur story...i know i have...such that all ur defences cave in at the warmth of their embracee

Jazzy said...

Oh how I hate for someone to hug me when I'm trying to be tough and hold in the tears. I always cry that much harder once they do!

"My mind stood on table tops shouting at the top of its nerves, atoms clenched, dendrites diggin into the palms of lobes, but I sat silent"

DEEP GIRL...I have no idea what a dendrite is, but it still looks hot in this line! lol

Rashan Jamal said...

I like the twist... you know we aren't gonna let you stop writing this until we reach a satisfying conclusion, so hop to it. LOL

Don said...

Exceptional writing. Man, I applaud you. Everytime I read your stuff I am truly impressed. Just so vivid. And emotional.

As far as the story itself, you didn't really think dude was going to allow you to just leave like that, did you? You got me, the reader, hoping he'd do something to make you stay.

Very impressed, desy.

Desy said...

@1/3- thank you so much hun... i had to really pull from alotta different places to make this right

@char- i HATE those... i try to be strong and it just doesnt work when a loving embrace makes an appearance

@diva- you always pull out the lines that i look back and wonder where i get it from... i guess other people wonder the same thing...lol

@rah- i think this is gonna be the last installment... maybe i'll come up with a more jovial story next time around.

@don- thank you so much... yeh, when i started writing, i just couldn't wrap my head around him being a bad guy... he really needed her... especially in these moments

swag_ambassador said...

so descriptive to a tee! i feel like im in a soap opera but a real good one. I dig it Desy, the story has a thick texture to it.

Threw me for a loop at the end too.

soumynona said...

Aww Desy, I was hoping ol girl would keep it strong and moving. I love the line that Diva loves "...dendrites diggin into the palms of lobes..." It brought back memories of my neuroscience class in college. Diva, dendrites are the nerve endings that connect the signals to various muscles throughout the body which makes your sentence so so deep because every thing in your mind was telling you to move but you didnt. Nice!!!!

Muze said...

wow. this is my first time reading your fiction all the way through.


very, very impressive.

Desy said...

@swag- i wanted u to be in it.. glad u enjoyed

@soumy- u know i'm always tryin to impress u *blushing*

@muze- welcome, and i'm glad you liked it...

flawsandall said...

wow wow wow

such a sad ending

I am tempted to praise you for your dexterity with words for the umpteenth time but i withold myself because you know was up


"upsetednessocity"
*scampers to dictionary*
lol

Buttercup said...

damn men who know bout the power of their touch!!! i totally enjoyed this Desy!

Jinta said...

why wasn't he there?