Sunday, February 17, 2008

My perspective

I read this on 1980's and thought about what it would be like to be on the other side. This is what I came up with...

'We've grown apart.' My words kept echoing back at me. I stared. Stared at those angles and curves that completed the shape of your face. Those angles and curves that my fingers had memorized. I stared. Stared at those barren walls that knew all of the intimate moments shared here. Deep kisses that moved the floor beneath me; conversations that exposed marrow, but more recently, shouting matches that bled followed by silence so thick, you'd leave to breath again. It was in those moments that I would wonder about how much longer I could do this. Loving you and staying here was hurting me. We were no longer good for each other. And then you'd return, and we would pretend with whispered apologies and expressions of love that only went as deep as the strings of our throat. And I would stay, and you would stay, and we'd supposedly be happy.

And as summer fell, and winter grew, the bitterness froze my heart and I no longer cared. I was numb. Humming beneath my feet were the memories of how we got here and as I felt your unseeing eyes look through me, I felt the tear come. It slid from the corner of my history with you, rolled down into the jaw line of my current days, and finally, it fell. It crashed into unforgiving hardwood, shattering into pieces of mirrored yesterdays. I turned away from you then, staring at the door knob, but unsure of whether or not I was ready to walk through, into that new world… without you. I just stood….and stared, frozen by the air. Thinking about that seed you'd planted a few weeks ago........ that had taken root and now grows, despite the winter cold.


Something new for you...
Letting Go- Janelle Monae

14 comments:

Jazzy said...

Wow...I read his and then came back to read yours. Excellent collabo!

My fave part from you..."I felt the tear come. It slid from the corner of my history with you, rolled down into the jaw line of my current days, and finally, it fell. It crashed into unforgiving hardwood, shattering into pieces of mirrored yesterdays"

Unknown said...

Absolutely AMAZING. I am honored to have inspired such a well written piece. The imagery, the emotion, everything is on point. You complete me...lol

Rashan Jamal said...

I like Janelle Monet...

I have to go read the first part, but that was nice. Dig the imagery.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was deep!

Desy said...

@diva- haha, a collabo he was completely oblivious to... now- how i do i take a compliment again... oh yeah... THANKS!

@1980- lol at you complete me... I'm especially glad that you appreciated my mental since you were the root of my thought

@rah- ummm, why didn't you tell me about her then? keeping all the undergrounds to yourself.... I KNEW you were self..lol. And you need to do your homework- you were suppose to read that post first, then mine would make more sense. DUH...

@bmore- thank you

i.can't.complain. said...

whoa.

1980 ain't lying.

absolute fire....

nice job.

-1-

dejanae said...

yeah what they said
that was beautiful work

Don said...

wow, good stuff desy. Then again, I'm really not surprised @ your talent.

Eb the Celeb said...

I lvoe love love love love love love love love love .... did I say LOVE... Janelle Monae

Jameil said...

letting go is a fabulous sentiment. love it.

Desy said...

@i.can't- thank you so much~ i love bein inspired by others... i feel like that's when i do my best work

@dejanae- thanx for stoppin by my spot..

@don- i'm glad you are finally recongnizing my genius...lol j/k

@eb- i hate that i don't live in atl cause i have yet to see her live and when i saw this i was upset cause i soooo wanted to be in that audience...

@jameil- sometimes that's all you can do to be stay sane

A Beautifulstruggle said...

New here but OMG!! That was fresh. Loved it.


~A~

James Tubman said...

that was the best line of fiction i have ever read in my life

hold up you've been playing us

toni morrison is your mother isn't she

see you act all goofy and then you drop something like this on me

i don't know waht to do

Desy said...

@philly- i hope to see u 'round these parts again... thanx for passin through

@tubman- haha... i'm glad you likie. one of my many layers...