Thursday, February 14, 2008

Part Duex- FINALLY

Well- I initially put up this post, but got yelled at so here is a more detailed recount of my bday.

In the club

Ok- so I'm near the bar, but not quite there cause there are too many damn people. My brother is at the bar waiting to order a drink in the midst of all his brand new co-worders. I keep getting phone calls after text messages after phone calls. (Note to self: NEVER plan another bday event again in life cause people get annoying with all that damn 'where are you' bullshit. WHERE DO YOU THINK I AM STUPID- I'm the one who's always on time. The question is WHERE ARE YOU?- but I digress). Time: 7:30ish, well after the 6:30 appointment time that I told everyone to be at the club. Finally, I'm sippin on drink number one (thanks to the donations of brudder). Drink of choice- Vodka Tonic with Extra lime. Just as I start to sip slowly and chat a bit with my one friend whose on time, I get a call from a group of my friends who are lost downtown. Of course, I know people who get lost going to downtown because I have friends who just don't club- me, the girl who goes dancing on a REGULAR. My friend suggests that I go outside and meet them, but they are in a car and I'm on foot. He just told me to be a hitchhiker and work it out, so I chug the vodka (not a good idea) and rush outside. I call my home girl whose driving and give her directions for how to get to where I'm standing. Finally, she swoops by and picks me up. I hop in (tipsy already- 3 for 1, last meal...ummm, noon; and I don't have enough body mass to handle it all...lol- Yeah, I'mma lightweight). I'm lucid enough to get her to the parking garage and we all pile out of the car after I'm provided with my singing birthday cards...<---I danced just like that and everything.

Back in the club

My friends are extra ready to begin drinking, but I have to make introductions. My brother also introduces his new co-workers to my friends. One of them is actually try to push on my friend (who is so taken and so in love). I look at my brother and he just laughs and shakes his head. I guess his co worker is a fan of chocolate; but...ummmm... get on a diet and don't touch her you Chan.dler B.ing copy cat. I suggest that we hit the bar so that they can start on their first and I can hit up my second (cause I'm feeling like I can handle it without having to visit the toilet-head first)).

An odd encounter

As we all make our way to the back bar, I feel fingers running through my fro. I turned, ready to tell whatever guy to please refrain from touchin my luxurious naps when I see this woman with her own natural locks (much shorter) smiling like she'd just seen Santa.

I am IN LOVE with your hair. How did you get it to look like that. It is soo big and soft with such a nice shape. I just want to play in it.

Now I took in her measure to figure out if maybe she was already two sheets, but she looked real lucid and she didn't have a drink in her hand.

I just wash and lightly blow dry. Nothing too special.

She just sat there staring at my lips and my hair, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. At this point, I was done. Extra done, so I turned to walk towards the bar where my friends were still waiting to order a drink

Hey do you write?

Now in the back of my head I'm wondering how this question popped into her head. How does one come about thinking that someone is a writer. With just a slight head turn I respond

Just a little. I have a 'never gonna be finished romance novel' and I write quite a bit of poetry

Wonderful- I am an editor (handing me her business card) and I'd really be interested in what you have down on paper. Matter of fact- why don't you write down your info on the back of this card so that I can send you some more info.

Gut instinct tells me that giving her my information may lead to unsolicited pursuit and I REALLY don't know how to take this chick. Is she still looking at my lips??? This shit is unbelievable.

How bout I get in contact with you when I finally finish my novel
(She laughs)
Didn't you just say that it was never gonna be finished? Look, I'm not tryin to push up on you, but I really like your hair and your style and I think that keeping in touch might be a good personal and business situation.

I look down at the card and see that she got her credentials from my current educational institute. I think maybe this girl might be half way decent and what can I lose, ya know. So I just shrugged, wrote my email info on the card and left before any further conversation came to pass.

More this and more that

After another drink (around 8:45ish), things became slightly fuzzy for awhile- but I do remember ordering some water and chillin in the VIP section (that was just seating since it was still happy hour). And I know that I had the thought process that the blog world is gonna be pissed cause I'm probably missing something really good to recount right now, but I'm not gonna remember it well enough to write about it. Oh well... ya'll can deal...lol. Me and my friends were looking around, talking about our lives and the people that we saw in the club.

Guy A- COMPLETELY jealous of my home boy who was currently surrounded by me and my five girlfriends. It was almost like he had a man crush on him. He kept telling him that he wanted to by him a drink and asking him how did he get so lucky to be surrounded by so many beautiful women. My home boy is real Afrocentric and really had no desire to explain anything to the overly drunk whatever guy (we couldn't figure out what he was ethnically cause he just looked all wrong)

Guy B- Called me fabulous for most of the evening, but spoke incessantly about his girlfriend back in California. Eyes were exchanged between me and my friends every time he mentioned her because in the next breath he would be going on about how my shoes were 'fabulous' and my skin was 'fabulous' and my lips were 'fabulous' and how I looked 'fabulous' on my bday and inquired about when we could all go shopping together....

Guy C- Too short for words. Made the statement that if he stood on his wallet, he'd be tall enough for all of us. Yes everyone... he actually said that. OUT LOUD. I couldn't take it. I laughed my ass off. Watching try to figure out which girl he wanted was also entertaining because my girlfriends kept swapping out their 'undivided' attention to him and he was getting confused. At one point he was trying to deal with two of my friends fawn all over him in fake admiration of his big career as a laywer. Poor little guy. We took him for about four drinks (for them, I was stickin to water so as not to completely lose my mental)....

It's my party- and we're all alone

The club FINALLY began to thin out. It was approaching 9:30pm by this time and I was beginning to sober up. In fact, by the time the club had almost completely emptied, I was back to feelin nice and no longer on the brink. There were maybe 15 people in there including me and my five girlfriends. One of my friend's suggested getting another drink, but I told her to wait for dollar drinks which started at 10pm. While we chilled, music started playing and the lights dimmed. The dj started spinning the best of the 90s- Mary J on that real, A.aliyah talkin bout that one in a million, some SWV with the MJ background... Everything I love about my youth was pumping through my ear drums into my pleasure spot and I was so happy. I mean GENUINLY happy. It was that moment that made my birthday a wonderful experience. That and the moment that I'm about to break down...lol

Oh no she didn't...

Well, I told you how there were only about 15 people in the club since happy hour was done and no one really goes to a club before 11 (around here). Well there were these other group of girls that were dancing. One of them in particular caught the eye of me and my friends. Reason being: White half open blouse, HOT pink skin tight pants, and extra high calf reaching boots. If there was anyone that was getting down, SHE was getting down. And she stood out so much that the dj had to pay homage to the Pink inspired fit. Of course we all started laughin when we heard what was playing but poor girl didn't even miss a beat. She blew the dj a kiss and kept it movin in that oh so seductive white girl way. Some of her friends kept trying to work thier way into dancing with us, but I could tell that they liked each other WAY more than I liked any of my friends and I kept my distance...

In full swing

As the night wore on, the crowd got deeper and a few friends swapped out (some left, some joined). I started getting pressed up on and got more fro fingering. I'm getting down, showin the club that it's not only about grinding my ass up against your.... well, ya know. I find a dope azz dancing partner and we battle it out. I for worn him that I have been in the same heels for about 5 and half hours so go easy. He takes it upon himself to turn around and shake his ass on me. I started crackin up, and pretending to smack his ass. Then we did some slight battlin, but I was too tired by this time to really kill it so he accepted his victory with a cheezy smile and a suggestion of a re-do soon. For awhile, we would just sang along with the songs and watch this one particular drunk guy spill alcohol all over the dance floor (FUCKING ANNOYING) but it was cool. After awhile, I told him that I had to go find my friends and I'd see him in a bit. That never ended up happening. I found one of my friends dancing on stage (and I don't know how she convinced me) but I found myself up there soon after singing and workin it out full throttle (I'm gonna regret this tomorrow-sore). Again, tiredness kicks in after about thirty minutes and I look at my watch (1am). 7 full hours in this damn club). I'm done. I get down and tell the few friends that are left that I'm out. Some stay, some decide to go with me. As I'm walking out, more hair groping(note to self: NEVER AGAIN).

Impressions

It was a great time and I am happy as hell that I didn't get so fucked up that I ruined my evening throwing up. I stayed nice throughout the entire night and overall, would say my 24th was definately an 8 on the rickter scale... I hope that 25 be MO' bettah...lol

Sorry no pics- but I'll post some fro'd in the near future

10 comments:

Jazzy said...

LOL...you're making me miss my curly fro! I had it for about a year, before I went back to the fried layed to the side look.

Funny thing is...I definitely got hit on by women when I had it too. Weird!

I have to say I'm a little mad at this second part...you're leaving lots out! The first part was sooooooooo much more detailed! LOL!

Desy said...

haha- i'm sorry, i'm sorry... I'll make revisions when I've had time to thaw out... School is takin my mind away, slowly but surely...haha

Jazzy said...

LOL...You upgraded the post. Now THAT is what I'm talking about.

There's nothing like dancing on the stage...ahhhhhhh brings back memories! lol

I still can't get over chick and others running their fingers through your hair. I do not like strange fingers in my hair EVER.

A dope azz dance partner will make you totally forget you've been in heels for five hours!

Good stuff Desy!

Desy said...

hahaha- I'm glad I could blog appropriately- see what a little motivation and sleep will get you

Jameil said...

um... no. do NOT touch my hair!! you don't know me and do NOT have permission. gross!! not pink panther! hilarious. next time i need you to eat before the club so you can party harder! glad you had fun tho!

Desy said...

tha's what I was saying the whole night- for real, i don't think I will ever wear my hair out again in a club setting cause it was just ridiculous

Shelia said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Just dropping by your spot on the web.

dejanae said...

i feel u on the folk jus wanting to put their damn hands in ur fro
glad u had fun on ur bornday
thnx for droppin by my spot

Rashan Jamal said...

Good Lawd, that was long... I felt like I was there reading it.

You know you liked that girl playing in your hair. LOL

The Pink Panther - hilarious.

Glad you had a great birthday!

Desy said...

@dej- i'm so serious about never wearing it out again... it just got on my nerves... i'm glad you actually read the whole thing..lol

@rah- yes, fro fingering is enjoyable- but from the right fingers... you should know about that...