Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Aint No Sunshine




I HATE being without her!!!

I got in a car accident Monday...........

Yes… I’m alright

However; my car…..

Let’s just say- critical condition

All I can say is that I feel so annoyed with everything. The guy at the body shop keeps asking me if I want to come visit my car while it’s getting repair- FOR WHAT?!?! And when exactly do you think I would find the time to do that? Cause clearly I have nothing to do with my time- RIGHT. AND STOP CALLING ME! Clearly- you are not my favorite person right now because of what you represent which is my broken car :tear:. If you really care about me seeing the improvement process, take a picture-k?


But on the flip side my claims adjuster has YET to call me back- how poetic.

I am up to my ears in academic ridiculousness from diagnostic reports, research presentations, soap notes (therapy notes), over due assignments that are FUCKING STUPID (how do you feel about your client's deficit; how do you think intervention will affect your life? WHY AM I WRITING THIS?!- DON’T YOU GIVE ME ENOUGH TO DO?!). Of course- all of these things are due at my academic institute-45 min ACROSS TOWN… Maybe I should invest in roller skates.


Some of you might be wondering why I don't rent a car- well guess who doesn't have renter's reimbursement on her policy?!?!?!?!


And although it's not my fault- I really have no desire to fight with that guy's insurance company about getting reimbursed... I'm currently using my old car (a standard-how do i do this again?...) that is still in decent shape- but I could easily run it into the ground driving as much as I do, and my father uses it regularly so I don't want to do that. But we do what we gotta do- and I'll have to be extra careful since I'm not on my dad's policy and it's his insurance covering my old car.


Can you tell I’m stressed?

And I’m sad too.

I just hate having to rely on others around me. I have to wait for the adjustor; I have to wait for the insurance of the person responsible, I have to wait for the other claims adjustor so that I can find out about getting a rental (which I probably won’t get because I don’t want to deal with the hassle of getting reimbursed by such a obscure insurance- Na.tionw.ide’s Vic.tori.a Insurance).

And then I get on to blog- my only sense of escape at this point; and it is currently UNAVAILABLE… nice- just what a girl needs.

All I want is my car back- so that I can get back to my overwhelming life

:sigh:

Tears

Positivity and optimism had always been my discipline; a learned art from a skilled teacher. I glided through quick sand (e)motions as if composed by duel H elements engorged by a solitary O. Sadness had no power here; until I was knocked, rocked, and deemed unlocked. It came as a drop, the drizzle condensing into one lone soldier who traveled as a scout to show others how to flow…. I wanted it to stop, but had no control because I.never.cried. So what do I do with this neological experience- Positivity and optimism had no place in this house of blues. So I just cried, until morning came; and light gave way the gift of yet another God gifted day

Thank you Lord for today~ I promise not to waste it like I did yesterday, and I pray you decide to help me find the way to make today my very best day… Amen

16 comments:

who? said...

You're going to be fine. buses and trains (do they have those in Orlando?) are always a couple dollars away when you need them. sorry to hear about the car though

Rashan Jamal said...

Awww.. I'm sorry to hear that. I think a girl that can drive a stick shift is sexy. That's just me I guess. Hope it all works out for you.

Jameil said...

*internet hug*

jinni said...

Eyya,kpelle,ndo(?).Why do bad things happen in the world?why do poor somali,darfur kids go hungry etc I guess if u were in naija,you would make do with okadas and molue buses(like everybody does without complaining)

Kunta said...

Hey...you've got a lovely blog here.
You'll be fine...
Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

"I just hate having to rely on others around me. "

I sooooo feel ya sis!

fuckgoogle said...

It will all past...time has that affect.

Paula D. said...

Whew! Release it all :-)
You will be back on track soon enough :-)

Desy said...

@adonis- i've been feeling much better about the whole thing... i just needed a little time to recover from my emotions- and traveling to UCF on the bus from my crip is a 3 hour event- i'd rather ride a bike..lol

@rah- well- well we all know that it's you that i'm trying to impress...lol

@j-*deep appreciation*

@jinni- yeh, i guess i would

@kunta- i know i will- just venting; thanx for visiting

@b mo-RIGHT!?!?!

@lou- it already has- as my poem states, positivity and optimism.. if i didn't have it yesterday, it'll resurface by today...

@paula- see, you get me...lol. i just needed a place to vent; and now i'm done and i'm movin...

Jinta said...

you'll be ok, i guess, though from the little i know of orlando (davenport and old town being my forte) transit buses arrive abt every hour and only on major routes. and i remember the blazing afternoon sun.

right. changed my mind - you wont be ok, however, you'll survive

Jazzy said...

Hugs...hope you get your car back sooner rather than later!

Unknown said...

damn, damn, damn!! (c) Florida Evans

Desy said...

@jinta- lmao... now that's the way to make a girl feel better...i'm ok- i'm using the standard until mine get's fixed

@diva- awww, thanx- mar 13th(ish) is what the dealership told me... hopefully it'll pass quickly

@1980- my sentiments exactly...lol

Yasmeen Christian said...

Be strong gurl ;-)

James Tubman said...

might as well get used to it now baby

no matter how much you try

always gonna need others

if you need to ask somebody to do something for you you know what to do lol

dejanae said...

aww
sorry bout the ride?
wats her name?
sorry that _________ is hurt
hope she'll be feelin betta soon
oh and u too