Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Its random

~Supposedly, I'm getting my car back from the dealership tomorrow... at least that's what the body shop guy called to tell me last week four times

~I've actually learned the art of getting tipsy/drunk without throwing up and got to enjoy that feeling last friday at my fav Happy Hour/club spot

~I'm so ashamed of myself for liking this song. I have hated him since...oh... i don't know... forever. I never could do the greased up made for tv star that was pre packaged to be 'pretty'. But I bump to it every time I hear it...so ashamed...lol

~I realize I don't think I'm sexy/beautiful. I actually get uncomfortable when told such things. Cute- I can handle. I've been comfortably cute since time began (for me), but sexy- especially with partial nudity.... naww, not me. I get completely shy- something no one would expect from me because I'm so damn confident. But it's with my clothes on. I guess having sex will change that for me??? Who knows

~I am loving my spring break. It is filled with sleep, writing, more sleep, tv, some napping, and hanging out with friends and did I mention I have gotten plenty of sleep?... I've spent little money (yeh! cause i have none) and have enjoyed random 5 min convos with my step mom about dumb shit that has me dyin. That woman will make an event out of going to Wal-Mart... and is waitin for when I say lets go- but she won't get ready to go, or ask.. because truthfully- she doesn't want to drive. Mind you- Wal Mart is 5 min up the road... but she's always claimin-' I thought you said we were going to Wal Mart' in her affectionate haitian accent and I respond 'Well let's go then'... Neither one of us moves. It's hilarity at it's finest

~How is it that people know the EXACT moment when you are at your busiest to call one after the other; but when you are doing nothing with your life, your phone is silent?

~I hear pets make you live longer. According to some random report somewhere on this oh so reliable entity we call the web, there is a study that shows people who live with pets live longer. I still don't know if I'm a cat person or a dog person. Cats are more independent, use the litter and can live without too much affection. Dogs are all about being in your face, workin you 0ut, barking for no reason (some dogs, not all), and knowing when you are low to be there.... I guess I'll find out when I decide to get a pet

~Bitchassness has become an epidemic. I hear it everywhere now. How da hell Diddy do that? Just make some shit so popular... and watch- he'll be the one that promotes it soooo much, that we'll get sick of it. But for now... I kinda want that shirt he was wearin...lol.... nawwwww. But I loved loved LOVED how he called out the democratic party and it's bitchassness....

~I realize I have only been on about 5 real dates in my life. You know, when the guy comes to your house, waits a little for you to finish up your last touches, opens your car door, takes you to the movie/dinner/whatever and engages you in interesting/awkward first date convo, if going well- hitting a spot for coffee or something, if not- going home because you're 'tired', a hug goodnight and discussion of calls being exchanged in the morrow- that kinda date. Yeah, only had a handful... and mostly with men that aren't black. Do black men not do dates? hmmmm

~He keeps calling/texting me. Obviously I don't like talking to you because you continuously interrupt me with questionnaire inquiries all the while not listening to the answer. Leave.me.alone.

~When did Martin Lawrence become Disney friendly?

~And when did the text message become the new conversation starter with someone you met at the club? Is a phone call no longer the thing to do? Man, have men become so scared of discourse that they reduce themselves to askin about my day via text... Do you really wanna know if you do it that way...? I mean- I only have 160 characters... can I really break down my day for you in that span.. or just break you off with a quick 'fine'....see, you don't really want to know... you just want the quickie...

I'm done....

16 comments:

Don said...

How is it that people know the EXACT moment when you are at your busiest to call one after the other; but when you are doing nothing with your life, your phone is silent?

Crazy, aint it? But so true. I always know that, the minute I began doing something, my cell will ring.

I heard about the pets thing. I dont know if it will make you live longer but it make help a person to better relax.

Eb the Celeb said...

I so feel you on that Ray J song... I hate when I dont want to like a song but I do... everything that T-pain touches I hate that i'm bouncing to it... That ray J song has grown on me though... ugh!

I'm curious behind the whole you being a virgin thing... if you dont mind me asking.. is it something spiritual... are you waiting for marriage... or are you scared to go there... or have you never been tempted... and how far have you gotten to getting some... yeah I know i'm nosey and you dont have to answer but I am so intrigued... and would love to see a post about it...

Have a good day

~Eb

lea78 said...

I hang my head super low in shame, I love that Ray J song. I want to kill myself right after I shake my ass to that song. First time here, I looked around and u have some good stuff on here. If you don't mind I'll be back most def!!

Anonymous said...

In absolute agreement w/ "How is it that people know the EXACT moment when you are at your busiest to call one after the other; but when you are doing nothing with your life, your phone is silent?"

Seems like they have some sort of radar!

Brittany said...

I'm already sick of Bitchassness

"I realize I don't think I'm sexy/beautiful. I actually get uncomfortable when told such things." Me too. I don't believe it when I hear it.

Jameil said...

you are a trip but that ray j song is wack and i've always liked him. yes on the art of getting tipsy! fantastic! excellent tool for the repertoire. you need to own the sexy dear. I DO!!! lmao @ you and step mom. the pet thing is mostly abt having a companion. since my grandma has 2 dogs, does this mean she will live forever?? I HOPE SO! :) and most importantly "DON'T CALL ME NO MO AND DON'T TEXT ME NO MO!!" lol. that song is hilarious. did you read my blog the day i wrote about my dad walkin in the house sayin that? i DIED!! too funny.

Desy said...

@don- so i wonder if regular back rubs will do the same; if being relaxed is all it takes...lol

@eb- my very first post answers some of those questions of yours...

@lea- riiight @ the booty shake...lol. look forward to your input

@bmore- that's exactly what i think..lol

@brit- maybe we'll have an AAtype meeting for those who don't feel sexy...lol

@j- likin that ray j song def goes against my will..lol. you should hear my step-mom when she sings songs from BET with that small little haitian voice... OH MY GOSH... if I uttered, I would put it on there.. now THAT would be comedy at it's finest.

i.can't.complain. said...

1. i don't think black men do dates anymore.
its more... "why don't u meet me here/there".
sad.
2. i was thinking the same thing. how did marty-mart land a disney gig...
must be nice
3. im guilty of being a text-a-holic. i simply HATE talking on the phone. with texting, there's now awkward(sp) pauses.

-1-

James Tubman said...

i love pets i'm just too lazy to pick up after them

i wish they aready came potty trained

and i still think you are beautiful

i don't care if you get ashamed i'm still gonna call you that

have a nice spring break and i hope the guy brings you your car finally

dejanae said...

im giving you the side eye on that rayj song

yeah folk need to quit the texting and pick up a damn phone


i feel you on that
uncomfortable with the sexy thing

Desy said...

@i.cant- nooooooooo. in the first interaction- conversation must be made so that i can find out if i wanna go out with you...lol

@james- awww thank you hun. *blushing*

@dej- the side eye...dang... i can't help it man... i tried hatin it, but when i'm in da club- i just love that joint...lol

Don said...

Well you know women are. Can get. Yall are liable to say, "Rub your own d*man back," when mad.

The pets just lay on the floor and chill.

Unknown said...

ray j??! umm...i guess we all have our guilty pleasures!

"the art of getting tipsy/drunk without throwing up"...The older you get, the more you need to have this ability. it's no fun having to put your head in a toilet when you're 28!

and yes text messages have taken over the world! and since i hate talking on the phone, i'm always down for a good text message convo..lol

Desy said...

lol @ don - you are ridic... i don't hold grudges, so it doesn't really work that way with me.. i would just ask for it in return

@80- but as the first form of contact with a girl you are interested in? really? you aren't who i thought you were...lol kiddin

Rashan Jamal said...

Martin Lawrence being Disney friendly is no worse than Eddie Murphy doing all kinds of kids movies. The real question is when is Raven gonna stop laying kids roles.

We dont have to take our clothes off to have a good time... Jermaine Stewart 1982...(look it up. I know it was before you were born. LOL

I'm a black man and I still do dates, but I would rather get to know someone first before going out in public with them. I don't know if you noticed but I tend to attract some crazies. LOL

guerreiranigeriana said...

um...ray j?!...okay, i will admit i bumped that one wish of his way back when...but this song is pure rubbish...the lyrics make me cringe...i think a small child could have written better...

...haha...i don't think black guys do dates...or at least a lower proportion to others...

...i too get shy when told sexy...funny enough when i dance, i know i am damn sexy...but, yeah don't tell me...i rather you just show me how sexy i am;)...

...this was a fun read...