Sunday, March 23, 2008

A letter...

Hey you. Thanks for stoppin by. I wanted to talk to you about something. I've been feelin lonely these days. I know I know, I shouldn't…. but I do. I've got some really great friends, and damn if I don't feel great every single morning, kissing the Most High the whole while cause He uplifts me. But knowing that He is beside me, and I smile because he's always beside me, I do feel alone sometimes. I know it's stupid. I shouldn't right…? But I do. Except when you come to visit. I know I've never said anything about it before, but yeah… you've definitely had an effect on my every day. You never say much, but when you do, it always brings a smile to my face, laugh to my abs, deep thought to my brain, and excitement to my stomach. How do you do that?

And when I do want to shut out the world (not answering phones, not going to school or work, and not turning on the television), I don't mind your company, which is not usually the case. You sit there so attentively as I vent about my life or the lack there of and you offer me balance and keep me in tuned with myself. I sometimes hate that you point things out that I never noticed in my little existence, but I know you just do it because you're about keeping it on ground level with me, one of your best qualities I might add.

You know how much I hate leaving my house, but I never have an issue when going to your place. Man, I have so much fun there. In that space, you open up to me and share all kinds of things… I mean you really take the time to give a little of yourself, and I don't think I've ever told you how much that means to me. Your stimulation always transcends as the vibrations of your words affect my brain waves. When I'm there I sometimes wonder, how did I get the privilege to be in the presence of such humor, wisdom, sexiness, and beauty. You actually make me want to drop my phobic tendencies and commit. Wow, even saying that takes me aback…

Yeah… I'm gonna admit it. I think I might be a little sprung on you… but I think you knew I would be. Now you're sitting back laughing at the effect you have not understanding that it's kinda scary for me to be this vulnerable with someone. So now that you know how I feel… what happens now? I've never been here before… I guess I ask you how you feel… Soooo, how do you feel? I mean…about me


Sincerely,
Desy





I know you are wondering who this is to...well, it's actually... to you, my blog fam.

This is so a digression, but: Channel surfing today exposed me to Flava Flav with a slicked up high top fade that was multi colored and glittery and I just asked myself: Virginity for life or sex with Flava Flav? The answer came so quickly…lol

19 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Stop lying. That letter was to me, and only me. LOL

Mad creative, Desy.

The quick answer was Flava Flav, right? LOL How does this dude have 8 kids and I have none. There is no justice in the world.

Adei von K said...

nice letter.

flava flav.

i just threw up in my mouth a little
(name that movie!!)

that show makes me sad.

i.can't.complain. said...

id be a willing born-again virgin before i would ever let flav lay a gold tooth on me.

and i gotta admit... im kinda sprung on blogging to.

-1-

Darius T. Williams said...

Thanks for the letter - and um, I'm with you on the decisions about flava flav - lol.

Don said...

you offer me balance and keep me in tuned with myself.

The Truth.

There's just something about blogging, aint it.

Charles said...

Whats good!! I'm back!! I was sick, so technically, I didn't go anywhere. Anyways, loved the letter. Blogging is like that release though thats hard to find elsewhere. Flava Flav never ceases to amaze me with ignorance and stupidity.

Jazzy said...

"You never say much, but when you do, it always brings a smile to my face, laugh to my abs, deep thought to my brain, and excitement to my stomach."

I feel the exact same way. Sometimes I find myself thinking about some one's post/comment and just cracking up hilariously to myself or I find myself wanting to talk to my REAL friends about it.

Blogging is highly addictive...isn't it?! Don't let it keep you from going out though.

Flav...wooooooow *shuddering at the thought*

Brittany said...

Ha! Flava Flav hair. I saw that too. And he has the back all shaved up. Flav is like 68 years old.

Jennifer A. said...

How do we feel about u?

I'm almost getting sprung too...he he. That was beautiful. R u sure it's not for that dude? Lol, don't mind me...

Cheers!!! :)

Jennifer A. said...

Blogging is a phenomenal thing...really!

Jameil said...

you're so sentimental! let's all shed a tear for desy! *tear!*

lmao @ rashan. always massaging his own ego.

1/3 said...

LOL wow I thought you really were talking about a guy at first.

I love blogging as well. I love all the different perspectives I get and being able to glimpse into the mind of some really talented people.

Flava Flav just straight up yuck lol.

James Tubman said...

i feel the same way too desy

i love the blog world

on some fridays and staurdays

instead of going out and doing some degrading, self destructive activity, i'm just happy interacting with the bloggers

you so beautifully articulated what was in my head

of course that's no surprise

Unknown said...

we love you too desy!!! lol

Anonymous said...

I for one am glad for Don who sent you to me because you truly are a pearl. I look forward to many correspondences and to creating again with you.

Das how I feel!

guerreiranigeriana said...

desy, desy!!!...we, your blog fam, love you more!!...eeeewwwww about favor flav...what a revolting mess!...chai, na this your updates no be small...let me go and read o!...

dessex said...

flava flav, I hope that answer came quickly lol

Desy said...

@rah- how did you know? You always see through me…

@stace- Dodgeball!!! ~I'm tryin to figure out thing1 and thing2.. Why do they only have 1 clock? Threesome with your sister…really? Ew

@i.can't- lol @ bein born again; I just keep finding myself on this site every time I get on the internet…*shakin head*

@darius- your welcome…but…umm… who are you?...lol juuuuuus kidding

@don- it's really helped me get it together in certain areas of my life and I really do appreciate it

@charles- missed you, welcome back… I definitely agree with it being a release.. And I think I'm done being amazed… he is just too out there to put limitations on anymore

@diva- nawwwwww, I can't give up Friday night happy hour with the brudder…it's tradition. lmao@ Flav…woooooooow

@britt- yeah, and he needs to stop… I mean, you had 2 chances? That's more than your ugly mug shudda gotten in the first place

@jaycee-welcome… and I definitely agree; and what dude are you speaking of?? *sheepishly smiling*

@j- you make me sick…lol.

@1/3- haha, that was what I tried to do; I enjoy the funny people on here the most (as much as I appreciate the talented)… funny gets me through my life smiling

@james- I knew you would hun *smile*; and bein in your head is definitely something I am tryin to do as freq as possible

@80-*blushing* did you just say you love me 80? I said I was sprung… but if it's love, well then I better step it up…lol

@sojourn- I look forward to it as well journ

@niga- awwww, thank you niga- hahaha… I think/write a lot.. Take your time

@dessex- oh, the answer came to me before the answer did: VIRGIN FUH LIFE…lol


*wiping brow* all done…lol

Jinta said...

there was i thinking it was to me...(sulk!)