Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cruisin

Alright, so I have been jonesin to go on another cruise since everyone in the blog world is talkin about vacationing . I went on one almost two years ago to the West Caribbean and it was one of the best times that I have had in my life. It was actually my first trip without my parents or without a teacher for supervision. My friend Chinyere (pronounced shin-er-ee) convinced me to go with her... It didn't really take much convincing... But now I want to go on one, and I may have some challenges finding a companion... Any volunteers??...lol... On this trip, I did a few things I had never done before, such as ride horseback... IN THE OCEAN... and let me just say, I was scared OUT OF MY MIND. Not because I this was my first time on horseback and they wanted to take us out into the ocean to do it, but because I was surrounding by several other horses and my horse wanted to compete. She kept galloping thru the water because she wanted to be the FIRST. I can't knock her for her competitive spirit, but you are NOT in a derby and I am NOT tryin to race here... It was so hilarious, me bouncing away on her, laughing and screaming, praying that I didn't fall into the water that was slowly being contaminated by horse shit..(i guess it feels better to poop in the ocean *shrugs*).

I got to dance the night away without worryin about my dad worryin about me (i hate knowin that he's up waitin for me to come home... always dampens my good time cause i don't like stressin him out, and he hates when i go out super late... so i usually get home around 2am... which i don't mind, cause honestly, i am done by that time anyway)...I watched the sun come up on the balcony almost every morning eating ice cream after dancing all night (honestly, i think cruise ice cream is laced with meth or somethin... my ass was ADDICTED to it by day 1...).

My talkin to stranger skills were also activated, constantly interacting with folk I didn't know. In fact, I actually kept in touch with a few for a few months following the cruise, but it died down. I have not seen so many happy friendly people in one place in my whole life. My skin tone definately went from a nice medium toasted carmel, to a warm brown... and when I came back, my dad smiled from ear to ear cause he was like 'we match!' since I'm so much lighter than him...lol. Honestly, four days and three nights of no responsibilies, no cleaning, no family, no anything but spending money (that I had at the time... man I miss those days...lol), is soooooo awesome, and I'm ready to revisit that feeling. Maybe I can talk my parents into goin once I graduate... *shrugs*, they probably won't tho...lol... Oh well, I'm sure I'll find someone by then (December 2008 cannot come soon enough)... Pics of the cruise:

So, this was the first full day of cruisin... I woke up that morning, went to the gym and ran to the sound of whatever was poppin at that time as I power walked my ass off... (running hurts my knees...)...Walked 2 miles in 27 min... I know, I'm bad ass with the power walkin...lol.. Then went to the deck with Chin (pronounced shin) and watched the ice carving... I ended up dancing with this family that was gettin down to the live band... The grandpa and I were GETTIN it!...lol



This was the second day full day... walked on the beach on the private island that Carn.ival owns. I did get the opportunity to go into that SPECTACULAR water and it was sooooo nice. I mean, my entire body was in the water and I could still see my toes... there are NO beaches like that near Orlando... I gotta head down south for that ish... but even those waters don't compare to island water... Made me think of the beaches in Haiti... just as beautiful *sigh*

Here is a photo of me and my girl Chin on the horses (I don't remember the name of her horse, but mine was named Titi... the only reason why I remember her name is cause I joked about the ride in the ocean for the rest of the trip, reinacting the experience for the girls we met and chilled with on the boat.) I'm not gotta lie... my...ummm... personal space was a little disturbed by the experience, but an hour later I was straight.
The guide that we had LOVED my camera... He, in his lovely caribbean accent, was like 'Pu ya hand behind you and make sure to hold the reins lightly. Now smile... Yes just like dat.'... hahaha

This is me and one of the girls I chilled with on the boat. A bad ass white girl. She was sooo cool, had me crackin up the ENTIRE trip. She was one of the people I kept in touch with after I got off the boat, and we had lightly talked about goin on another cruise together since we had so much fun... but alas.. it never came to fruition... Oh well, I'll always have memories...This was post dinner nap prior to goin to the club. Those clubs were like those in Miami... nothin popped off until 2am. Me and Chin would nap after dinner and then get up around 1 to get ready for the club... and some nights, she would just stay asleep cause she would get up to study (yes people... she studied on vacation...smh... such determination... I guess that's how you gotta be to get thru med school)

The last day walkin around Nassau... I did not need a DROP of lotion to look moisturized. The heat was enough to keep me glistenin...



Sooo... who's comin withme on my next cruise?...lol...

16 comments:

Brittany said...

I wish I could come. I want to go on a tropical vacation!!!

who? said...

I looove it when we're cruisin together... me and the Ex planned a cruise for after graduation before my whole shit hit rock bottom... fuck.

Jinta said...

me!!! *both arms raised high up

Jazzy said...

Luv the pictures. You had me cracking up about the horse...brings back memories of my trip and me on a horse riding through Antiguan waters. I never realized how BIG horses are until then. I don't think I'll ride again. Traumatizing!

Good luck finding a mate. I'm sure you'll find someone by December.

Jameil said...

"'Pu ya hand behind you and make sure to hold the reins lightly. Now smile... Yes just like dat.'" HILARITY!! too too funny. i'm never done at 2am. you know i was rollin up in the house at 5am when i went home. i feel weird when i come home before 230. really before 3 is very wha??? to me.

Adei von K said...

you look like you had a lot of fun and i'm sure these aren't even HALF the pics!!

that water there is STR-8 caribbean! so beautiful!

apparently, cruises are the ish for the '08... blogger meet-up!!

One Man’s Opinion said...

Cruises are fun as hell. I went on one about two years ago too. Everything you need in walking distance. No drama. Everybody just having a good time. Not having to worry about if you have enough money to eat here are there because you know the food has already been paid for in the price of the trip. Hell yeah, I'm going.
Hey, somebody plan a bloggable cruise! My ass needs a good vacation too. Taking my little nephew to Sea World for his birthday ain't gonna cut it. Maybe I'll go ahead and go to Europe, but I hate gearing myself up to make that flight there and back. Undue stress.

Desy said...

@britt- u should one day... it's the BEST vacation i've had to date

@canon- love that joint... maybe u can try again with some other jawn at some point...

@jintu- yeh!!!! i have a volunteer... so when do u want to go?

@diva- lmao, i was ok riding... it was moving into the water that became an issue... i like doing new things so we'll see what next excursion i'll do... i hope i will find someone...*sigh*

@j- he was such a cutie too... just excited about the camera taking... then u would have been on point at the clubs on the boat cause we danced ALL night until mornin

@stace- no where near half... i have vids too, but i didn't put any up...i don't kno if bloggers would follow thru with a blog cruise... it's easy to talk, hard to do...

@one man- hence the reason why i wanna go AGAIN... why delegate... YOU should plan it... just give me enough notice to get my money right and i'd probably go... so GET STARTED one...I want a BLOG CRUISE...lol

kit von b. said...

you got to ride horsies! did i just say "horsies"? *sigh...

love love love the pictures...the bathing suit is soooooo cute.

-KB

James Tubman said...

i'll go next time if you're paying lol
you deserve a vacatiion
looks like you had a great time
be cool des

swag_ambassador said...

I went on a cruise back in 05 and am dyin to go on anotha one.. they provide me with a sense of nothing to do, and i always like that.. everythings comped! LOL.

i wanna go.. shoot.

Smaragd said...

be back to read and give a proper comment Desy. i so envy u that cruise already

Rashan Jamal said...

I've never been on a cruise. Not sure if I would want to go on a blogger cruise, but if it happens, at least you have your next blog dialogue. Guess who I would throw overboard. LOL

Eb the Celeb said...

Aaawwe... I love cruises... i have been on a couple... and went horseback riding too... but mine was in jamaica...

my friends are trying to get me to go on one in november but I have already done that route so I dont think I am going to join them but definitely want to do another

Desy said...

@kb- awwww, so cute, usin 'horsies'�only u

@tub- *looking behind my shoulders* who me? Nah-uh� I kno nothing of financing a trip� lol

@swag- well com'mon then� we can share a cabin and everything *wink*�lol

@smar- next time, next time� you and me girl�lol

@rah- *raising hand* ooooo! Ooooo! I know, I know!! Pick me!!

@eb- yeh� they can be addictive if done right� I am ready for my next installment� but it's gonna be a step up from the last

1/3 said...

cute pics desy:-)

ive never been on a cruise before but I would sooo go on one if I had the chance!

I hope you get a chance to getaway again. I know its hard being a grad student and all lol