Thursday, May 8, 2008

Glowin Baby

Soooooo, the concert. Ok, the joy of commuting to another city for the sake of K.anye, L.upe, and N.ERD...(Ri.hanna was just a mild bonus)...lol... The day started out with me at work, blogging, and thinkin about the fact that my home girl Roxy was probably gonna be late..since that is her fate...lol. I get off of work and I rush home where I meet my homeboy Andy who gets ready downstairs while I shower and get dressed upstairs. Rox gets there around 5:30 (she wanted to leave around 4:30ish...smh... but I completely understand why... She left her gear at her house and had to go back all the way to her side of town...sucks). So we head to the concert. Two notable things happen on the way to the concert. 1: Roxy attracts the attention of this white trucker... He looked like he was around his mid to late 20s and he was STARIN at my girl Rox. She mentioned it to me, which of course led to me leaning forward to see who the guy was. I smiled and pointed at her, laughin my ass off cause he was nodding his head all about it. I sped up so that she didn't have to suffer too long, but at one point, he caught up with us and put his arm out the window to get our attention. And to FURTHER bring laughter from my abdomen, he added a backwards baseball hat to heighten his thug appeal...lol. It was hilarity. 2: A piece of my newly fixed car fell off... I heard a pop on the driver side, and sure enough, when I looked at my side view mirror, I saw the missing piece near my window (the framing came off.)... I just shook my head... There is ALWAYS something with me and cars... Oh well... It was a quick fix... Took her today actually, and now she's all better.... Here are some in the car driving there photos:



And yes, I already know that I look like a 12 yr old... but I am legal, I swear...lol
My girl Roxy, lookin OH so Fly... She had these dunks that left me in awe... Her style was too fresh for me that night...Thanx homie... Your excitement made this trip SO much fun!! My friend Andy. Lemme tell you- we took this kid shopping before going to the concert. He has worn the same all black or all white K-Swiss kicks for the last 2-3yrs. I mean, he's a lover of black and white and very rarely branches out. I think either me or Rox have helped him purchase all of his work attire because we didn't want him to pick out a plain white, plain blue, or plain black shirt... So for the concert, we took him shopping. Now I am a visual shopper... This means, I look, like, buy. Rox has a different philosophy... which I'm learning is the true womanly way... Going from shop to shop, comparing prices and tryin stuff on. I hate tryin stuff on. Mostly because if I can look at an item of clothing for someone else and it fit perfectly, I should be able to do that for myself... The only clothes I try are really questionable tops, or pants (cause I gotta bubble butt that is high enough to reach my upper back...lol)...am I digressing right now??... yeh, I'm digressing. So yeh... when the decision for his shoes were finally made, he and I walked off to Mac.y's while Rox went to find her fit. We walked in at 4:59pm and by 5:13 pm, I picked out a shirt that fit perfectly and matched the black, brown, and gold dunks that were purchased (they were soooo hot)... as well as jeans that were the correct measurements... I should be a personal shopper...lol



So we got to the concert... Rednecks were all along the path watchin scantily dressed white girls walk as the wind picked up their short skirts/dresses... and one had me dyin cause I asked him if he liked the view and he responded 'HELL YEEEAH! Everything I've ever wanted and more...'...lol. As we got closer to the ampitheatre, Andy somehow knew quite a few people... All female- go fig...lol... We found our seats and proceeded to jam out to N.erd who were already on stage. The people sitting behind us LOVED Andy and followed his dance moves the whole night... as he followed me, cause I am that amazing...lol... For our viewing pleasure?!?!? White drunk chicks sitting in the row in front of us. It was just the most pitiful thing. One was stumbling all over herself, while the other kept dropping her beer, pissing off the people around them. Noted: Black guy with his girlfriend starin at the white girl who was stumblin, blowin kisses and smilin as his lady stood in front of him watchin the concert...smh.... Guest appearance? Fake Rihanna that we made fun of cause she just dressed soo... yeh... In fact, Rox actually walked up to her and told her she looked like Ri Ri....hahaha. Anyone else to visit? Joh.n Le.gend (the real one)... Of course, we all looked at each other being anti fans (even tho me and Rox love legend) wonderin why the hell he had to walk through the crowd at intermission when all the lights were on, all in the middle so that EVERYone could see... Don't you get ENOUGH attention?!?! I mean really...hahaha... The couple in front of us, hilarious duo, turned and commented 'I wonder why they didn't do that for 'R.ihanna' referring to the fake one... too funny... Kan.ye did it SO big. I mean, he didn't wear anything that lit up... In fact, he stood with a t-shirt and some jeans with these bad azz shoes for the entire concert. No costume changes, just him up on stage, which was awesomely built. It kinda looked like he was standing on a laptop honestly... Lu.pe only came one stage for one song with Kan.ye and that was the span of his performance... Really disappointing cause I love me some Lup.e...sigh.... All in all tho, a great time...as we walked to the car, we recapped and cracked up over nothing and everything... cause that's how we talk...lol. Pics of in the car riding home:







At this point, I was DONE with the pigtails and pulled those right out... Hahaha... And yes, I'm texting and driving... I like putting passengers in danger...lol...



So ya'll... I hope you enjoyed my quick recap... and the car pics...lol. Of the whole night, this was my most favoritist song... that's right... I said it... favoritist...

18 comments:

Jazzy said...

First of all...I'm first! lol

But seriuosly...Luv the new lay out!

You look so different with braids...and you definitely do look 12! lol...you'll appreciate looking so young when you're older.

I shop like you. I do not have the patience to go from store to store to comparison shop, just so I can save five bucks, which was the cheapest price in the FIRST STORE.

My time is more precious. I see something, I like it...I get it and keep it moving. This is why I like to shop by myself.

Sounds like you had a great time at the concert...FAKE RIHANNA???!!! WTH!

kit von b. said...

awwwwwww! u look so hot/cute/young!!! loves it. lovin the braids too. glad u had fun...and lupe is MY baby daddy...sigh.

i'm jealous and bitter that u saw him.

-KB

Brittany said...

I agree you do look different and young with braids. Still cute though. Sounds like you had a fun night.

So funny that your guy friend wears K-Swiss shoes.

Queen of My Castle said...

I concur, you look like a little girl. I'm so with you on being a visual shopper. I have no time to compare prices. That's too time consuming and frustrating as all hell. LOL. You guys appeared to have had fun.

soumynona said...

You do look all of 11-teen!
Why is ol girl in that video hurtn them boyz like that!! (Sorry thats guy talk)

Charles said...

You know I'm mad that you went to the concert. I'm gonna be outta town when the glow in the dark tour comes here this weekend...kinda salty about that. I'm glad you aged back to normal when you let the braids down though...

1/3 said...

WOW you dooo like your like 13 lol. I thought I looked young for my age lol. Cute braids:-)

booo to you not having any pics inside the concert:-( But I'm sure they were checking bags so you couldnt..security sucks! lol

Anyway, I'm glad you had fun:-). I think I shop more like your friend roxy lol I love to shop tho its the best therapy lol

LOL @ fake rihanna.

Did Kanye every finish that video??

Jameil said...

texting and driving?? no indeed!! stace almost killed me like that. ummm going from shop to shop, comparing prices and tryin stuff on? no thanks. i don't consider that the womanly way. i can't shop with people like that. i don't mind trying stuff on but i quickly get exasperated. no indeed. cute pics! yes, you look 12. lol.

MsRoxy said...

You forgot the white guy(or maybe not)that called the other white guy a "ni**er" boy. Fuuuunneeey. And the confused look on his face. And how black people gave him mad kudos for keeping his cool.

2 reasons why I try stuff on.
Long legs
Long torso
To many times I come home not trying stuff on and end up too high clothes.

Hey Guess what? We missed Lupe! He was only up there for 15 mins. He was first. Soooo many people missed him.

Lol@ not-quite-Rihanna, I made that girl's day.

Lol@ being anti fans! Really John? screaming fans at your sold out concert not enough for you?

Glad we could retire the K-Swiss...lod. I should I have taken them.

The Flyyest said...

you are too cute!!!! you do look like your about 12 tho!!! LOL.... glad you had fun tho

Adei von K said...

at our concert, timbaland walked out and had the sound engineer put his song on during intermission! the crowd ate it up!

flawsandall said...

ay ay ay..I am jealous..looks like you had fun...is that all you hair there?..tell your friend he is a cutie.. i have a weak spot for chocolate.lol

flawsandall said...

ooh I see you changed your template..I like it

Desy said...

@diva- thanx!!! I needed a change… haha.., I think the pigtails did me in on that youthful look… hairstyles always shift my appearance… but I'm still me!!..lol.. That rihanna was HILARITY

@kb- thanx sweety!! Yeah…he is TOO sexy… I wish we had gotten there in time to see him…:sigh:

@britt- awww, thanx… I did, it was great… I want to BURN those shoes… maybe one day…lol

@queen- but I really am older hahaha… but I don't really mind the young look… it doesn't really register with my mind tho… I'm mentally aged

@soum- lmao@11 teen… does that mean u can no longer wrap me up in brioche and have a meal?...*giggling*

@charles- u shoulda told me u wanted to go… u coulda come with…lol… *shrugs* do u need me to make it up to you? Hahaha…; what a difference a hairstyle makes

@1/3- it was her camera, so I didn't want to push her to do anything she didn't want to do cause if it got taken away, that would have been some ish… you know… I haven't found a complete vid… tease…lol

@jam- yeah… I stopped when we really got on the road… it was kinda traffic-ey on the way out so I figured what the hay…lol…

@MY HOMIE- I totally did not forget, but I didn't kno if u wanted to pull stuff out for ur blog, plus I knew u would tell it better…lol… DAMN DAMN DAMN! Why Lupe gotta be a quickie… I want him to take it slow and go all night…smh (am I still talkin about his performance?? It's late…lol)… Yes, you should have… BURY DEM BITCHES… have a little kswiss grave and everything…lol

@flyy- I am too… it could have been disastrous, but it turned out to be great

@stace- why u rainin on my sunshine… bringin me news like that…smh…lol… well I'm glad ya'll got a bonus… sounds like fun

@zephi- he is definitely that… u want his number??? I gotchu girl if u want…lmao

Thanx- I got sick of lookin at the same webpage and figured the change would be nice

Rashan Jamal said...

Nice pics yo! Looks like you all had a good time.

LOL @ Fake Rihanna and Real attention whore John Legend.

Glad you're car is okay.

dejanae said...

look at u with your janet jackson braids
i was thinkin bout putting some in next weekend

Muze said...

hey girl.

i like the braids...

your friend was flyy that night...

andy is cute.

sounds like you had fun. i can't wait!

i'm gonna seduce kanye, been on my new workout plan and everything. lol.

Don said...

nice, desy. looking like a brown skinned brandy (her i wanna be down days).