Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Prose...

Thank you to Charles... this picture was evoking, and caused my fingers to fly across keys... and she changes every time i see her... probably because i do...


He has captured the essence of me in the liquid sanctions of his pen, eloquently exposing my nature with each drop of thought on paper. I try to hide in the exposed pours of his canvas and deny the fact that I am seen... but his technique astounds me and before I realize it... I was written. The story of the stretch of my face and the fold of my arms are told and he, my artist, so gentle in his stoke continues the tale with diligence and quiet understanding. He immortalizes the bend of my back and encases the the swell of my breast playin on their antagonistic nature, pushing forward until climax.... a moment we have yet to reach.. He is enjoying the build up far too greatly and he is meticulous in his determination to make each curve count, pausing to review, and then continuing on his journey across my length being both author and editor. I feel his smile as his ink tickles my neck, taking particular care in its formulation, exercising all of his ability just to get it right. He hears my hum, the contact of he on me in that spot.... but he does not become distracted. Instead, he continues, gliding his ballpoint beneath my chin... my desire is to seek into him... and he knows this... but instead, my gaze is cast down, so that he, my artist, can hide...what a revelation. You see, as he takes his time unfolding me... he makes sure to maintain his anonymity... because he's unsure that if exposed like me, he will be appreciated.... so I am left bare, and he... cloaked behind the gauze of artist... known but never understood. But I still feel him... my artist... And as people stand and admire the story of his lines, people will infer of his mastery of me and how he was able to achieve such likeness... He will look upon me then, exposing his answer... oh my artist... how he loves me...

Digression: Went to the Kanye concert last night. I'm completely exhausted by it (hence this pre-written post)... but I gotchu on Thurs...lol... I'mma see if my home girl Roxy can upload the pics soon and send them my way so that I can put some on here... of course, they are of us in the car on the way there and back cause she was scared to get her camera taken away, but... I'm sure those will be ok too....lol... and i can tell you all of the antics and ridiculousness

Update: Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey are married?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I missed that?... wooooooooooooooooow

17 comments:

Smaragd said...

i'm firts! yay!

profound post Desy, i felt like i was the subject of the artist's pencil.

hope the Kanye concert was fun, eagerly awaiting the pics.

1/3 said...

I think I told you already but this is amazing:-) I love your interpretation of this picture:-)

Can't wait to see the pics!!! I guess I can kinda sorta see the concert now lol

Jameil said...

ooh concert! wheee! lmao @ after pics!

Charles said...

I need you to write captions for all of my drawings...straight up. You brought an image that I just saw flash in my head and rushed to put it on paper to life. Your writing is ridiculously good...like sinfully good. You'll definitely be the first to see the finished product of this one.

Oh and I can't wait to see pics of the concert.

The Flyyest said...

yeah i love that pic.....and the caption is tight!!! you rock!!

Ms.LadyCop said...

i'll be going to see kanye thursday...i'm afraid to bring my camera in too, but i really want some pictures!

Jinta said...

i bet your aesthetic value inspires much that he writes

Don said...

nice, charles.

You see, as he takes his time unfolding me... he makes sure to maintain his anonymity... because he's unsure that if exposed like me, he will be appreciated.... i agree. you are a poet. easy to visualize your ink. the mark of a great poet. i wish i had lots of money so that i could publish you.

One Man’s Opinion said...

Kanye concert, huh. Exhausted good or exhausted bad? I for one believe there to be a difference.

who? said...

loves the new lay... lovely storytelling with this poem as well... though I can't lie, I was confused a bit for a minute... I understand it now, though...

Chari said...

wow...mayn...Desy...this is just too impressive...kudos!

Desy said...

@smar- i'm glad u liked that piece... and the concert was a great time

@1/3- i let u read the other piece that i wrote about this... it just has such potential... she still hasn't sent those pics to me... i'm hoping she can today

@j- it was awesome!

@charles- well... u inspire great things from me... so that is saying something about your talent as well... and i'm workin on tryin to get those pics asap

@flyy- it really is beautiful... and it's not even finished...

@jadore- there were soooo many people in there with cameras... u just gotta put in your purse under ur other stuff

@jintu- i actually wrote that piece... he did the pic independent of knowing me...and i wrote the piece as tho it were based off of me... but i kno the truth...lol...

@don- why thank u don... but i don't know if i'm at a place where i can write at that level... i think i need more refining...lol

@one- good exhausted... late night recap and conversation after the concert... it was worth the loss sleep

@cannon- hahaha, well i'm glad u figured it out; and i felt i needed an upgrade

@char- thank u hun... i'm just writing from the heart...*shrugs*

kit von b. said...

awwwwww! loved this post and ur interpretation of the pic...more pics to come? yay!

-KB

Don said...

@ desy: I think you are. Of course you are. It takes about five months to write a 90,000 word novel. I think if you were to be given that much time and peace and quiet...you'd would shock yourself.

I hear that is usually how it happens. You are an exclusive writer. Trust. Especially @ your age. I am impressed like a mofo.

Don said...

Just don't lose your viriginity beforehand. That would throw a monkey into everything.

Brittany said...

Nice pic, nice caption, and nice new look you have. You should write a book..lol

kit von b. said...

blah blah blah shutup.

-KB